Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine tells me to enjoy my kids while they are young. His 23 year old son came back from Atlanta on the 23rd, spent one hour in the house, headed out with buddies, came back in at 3am, partied to 5am (drank all of HIS beer in the house), then were crashing when he was going to work. I remember when my battery charged like that. No more. I still have 2 that are young enough to wake up at 6am on Christmas morning, so we did. We had presents opened and breakfast cooked and ate by 9:30, and there seemed to be a lull in the action, so I asked my better half for a 2-hour fishing pass. Go, she said. Nicest present I got.
So I immediately called my neighbor Tom across the street, and his wife picks up the phone. "Merry Christmas. You're not calling to invite Tom fishing are you?" was her greeting. Damn. I felt like the kid in the cookie jar. I didn't have the nerve to call any other buddies, so off I went solo with my yellow lab.
I fished for only 40 minutes 1/2 mile north-east of marker 10 in the James in about 15' water. Caught some nice fish under birds to 32", then went back on the 26th with Tom and his nephew from Minnesota. We found them again a little further north, just east of 12 under birds. Nice class of fish, 24-32", trolling bucktails, a couple on stretches and super shads.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Way to go Wayne. Wish I could sneak out but with a 10 YO that want all her presents to work at one time, too much assembly required. At least this year I didnt have to stay up till 3AM putting a trampoline together in the cold......alone!! A few more years and maybe I'll join you out there. Good report. Thanks Martin

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
See now that is where I differ. I would have let my husband go fishing on Christmas as long I as also had the invite:yes:!! Great story. thanks for the laugh..good stuff !! Happy Holidays Beth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts