Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out with my good buddy Randy today who I have literally known my whole life. His mom and my mom were pregnant at the same time. We grew up across the street from each other and he was one of the ushers in my wedding. It is great to fish with good friends! I felt guilty the last time we went out because he doesn't get out much and we only caught one fish which I landed so I told him he was up first today.

I saw the rod go down and instinctively grabbed it and starting reeling it in and remembered he was up so I handed him the rod. The fish was still taking drag so I helped him crank it down. He started gaining ground and when he got it up to the boat I could tell it was a pig. I went to net it and the net was too small!!!:eek2::bigfish: I grabbed its lip and tried to lip it but it was to heavy and dropped it:eek: I grabbed the line and got the lip with one hand and the gill plate with the other and hauled it over the side. It was a FAT 47" incher. It went an easy 40lbs! It hit a single chartruese bucktail with a 6inch white shad on the boards closest to the boat. We were moving east to west in 60 feet of water a mile north of Bloody Point. I had another decent fish hooked up also moving east to west that I lost 100 feet from the boat in 80 feet of water. That fish was farthest out on the board and hit a 9 inch white shad that was behind a 10 oz inline weight.

Here is a couple of shots of the Pig.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Dang that is a pig. The green white combo worked twice for me today. Saw alot of boats gathered up around 86...now I know why! Great job getting her in without a net.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I remember that ugly mug. :D Nice to see Randy.

Great job Mark on landing a fatty. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
26,231 Posts
Told you them boards would catch fish :D. Very nice - had to be a heart stopper dropping it :eek2: but you got it in the boat :clapping2::clapping2:.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
nice fish I will make some good filets for a change from turkey.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts