Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at the 20 C-hawk, or the 20 sea-fox bay boat anybody have any info on these two boats? Ride quality and fish-ability and just overall performance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 19' c-hawk, so far this summer its been all over the lower bay and 23 miles out of Hatteras. Great ride for a smaller boat, and dry unless you're really pounding. Very tough, no frills boat. Don't skimp on horsepower, they are relatively heavy. Mine has a 150 and it does well.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Is the C-hawk also a bay boat? The bay boat design, ironically, does not do well in the bay--at least not our bay. Good for the seaside inside, though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I found mine used on Craigslist. I know Ed's Marine in Richmond has new ones, they have better prices than most but their customer service sucks also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Also their "20" model is more of a bay boat, and the "200" is also 20' but its deeper. As said above may boats aren't great for the open bay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
C-Hawk!!! In the 80's these boats ruled both sides of the Shore. Since then, the lack of dredging, particularly on the Seaside, has favored the Carolina Skiffs. But C-Hawk's are making a comeback. I've got a good rig for the flats but would love to have a big C-Hawk for the Bay. No frills, but a very able boat. At least the ones that I've been aboard.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Parker wanna be no no no set a parker an a c hawk next to each other an start looking c hawk is much heavier built then any parker. I would go the c hawk route I am not big on lots of thrills. It seems like boat builders are in a race to see who can fit the most switches in a dash here lately. I think the ideal bay boat would be a 22'or bigger c hawk center console with coffin box in front of console full width hard top with cobia tower. An wash down pump and bildge pump an basic lights nothing more.

·
Registered
45 Posts
CHawk has been around a long time. I choose a 21DV Carolina Skiff when I needed a skiff and I'm very pleased with it. I refused to deal with Ed's because they wouldn't put a jackplate on it saying it would void the warranty, Not so. I ordered the boat from Chatlee in Sanford, NC with jackplate from the factory and saved $4,000 from Ed price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts