Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Canon coming out with the new 50D did exactly what I thought it would do and it helped me upgrade from the original G6 Rebel to the Canon Xsi complete with the short and telephoto image stablized lens, Canon bag, 2 G card, extra battery all for under $830 as a package.

It's still in the box and I won't open it until this weekend but it'll be nice to double my megapizels from where I was. It's become so that 6 megapixels ain't nothing no mo'. I hemmed and hawed over the new 50 D but unless I was going commercial with it, I just couldn't justify it.

This should be FUN!!!:clap:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sanity

Best of luck with your new toys.
After selling both of my boats last fall and pretty much given up on fishing and the bay in particular I needed a new diversion. Yep, hung up the fly and spinning gear, turned in my St.Croix pro/ guide status and decided to give it a rest for a while. Not one to sit around I decided it was time to get back into photography, hiking/backpacking and this wonderful gift we have called nature. Up graded all my 70's Cannon SLR stuff with Cannon DSLR and started shooting. Went with the Cannon 40D with an assortment of EF glass up to 500mm and never looked back. After 6 months (slow learner) of trial and error, 9000 images, several college courses, a sometimes-stiff learning curve with regard to aperture, shutter, and ISO relations I'm slowly getting some degree of confidence and professionalism back. So here's wishing you as much success, pleasure, and great fun with your new upgrades as I've had with mine. Hard to believe your new photo equipment could improve over what you have posted in the past.

Wayne

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wayne,

Between my aching body and my limited opportunities to fish, I'm afraid that I'm coming to the same crossroads. I can shoot ANYTIME whereas I can't always fish even if I want to. In this economy I don't know what I'd do to get rid of all my stuff, but hey, after the President redistributes the wealth......there may be a whole fleet of new buyers!:D

Good luck to you in your endeavors. I have enjoyed seeing your shots. That last one that I saw with the 3 deer still sits on my mind.

I'll keep posting here when the situation permits. Hopefully you'll do so too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts