Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every other year I have been fishing in Cabos, this year I fished in San Jose del Cabos 1 0 minutes from where I stay in Palmilla. This group has Pangas from 21 to 26 ft. The captains are very good speak fair English and work hard to make sure you catch fish.The boat run $290 a day plus bait and tip.Expect to catch striped Marlin, YellowfinTuna, Wahoo, Dolphin, and Roosterfish. If you want to fish near the shore for Roosters,Permit and Tarpon plus huge jack crevalle they will do that also same price. I was field testing some new tackle from Van Stall and Shimano because I am affiliated with Just Fishing Tackle in Lake Park Florida. If you go there bring your own tackle, the tackle they have is old and heavy. Their lure selection is not good. If you want more info P mail me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Interesting post. I fish Cabo fairly often and the pangas closer to the main marina run $150 and a bit less after the first day. Not that $290 is a lot but it adds up over a week or so. I normally fish in the Dec-Feb timeframe and my best catching - Marlin, Sailfish, Dorado, is in mid-Dec or early Jan. I have 2 regular captains that are always on point, because I give them fish and tip well.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All day charter 6.30am till 4pm

·
Registered
207 Posts
In San Jose del Cabo, are you referring to Gordo Banks Pangas? I fished with them last May; he is a straight-up guy with a great fishing report on his website which is updated weekly. His report does not sugarcoat what's going on. I don't recall what we paid but the tackle on our boat was top-notch; Shimano reels and decent rods.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wino - Gotcha. The ones I use are only 5 hrs but fishing 10 mins after leaving the dock. Thanks for the info, I will try them next time around, now that I have a regular Cabo fishing partner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts