Tidal Fish Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nosed into an island this past weekend at the southern mouth of the Great Wicomico to grab a crab float. I was on the bow looking for obstructions and holy scurrying crabs! Musta been 50 or 60 scuttling away as we nudged the grass/shore. 2" at best but scads of them.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Ain't many fish that will turn down a free soft crab dinner.
I don't know about that Rob. Word got out that I was catching a lot of rock fish. One of the Good old boys on Kent Island ask if he could go fishing with me in my boat. When I picked him up after I caught spot and had them in the live well, he had six pretty soft crabs. He said Andy look at these. Ain't a rock fish that will not eat these. He was shocked. I was catching one rock after another. He was so hard headed he would not put a spot on. He didn't catch one rock with his soft crabs. I dropped him off and took my fish to United Shellfish to check them in and sell them. Thanks for reminding me Rob.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
I don't know about that Rob. Word got out that I was catching a lot of rock fish. One of the Good old boys on Kent Island ask if he could go fishing with me in my boat. When I picked him up after I caught spot and had them in the live well, he had six pretty soft crabs. He said Andy look at these. Ain't a rock fish that will not eat these. He was shocked. I was catching one rock after another. He was so hard headed he would not put a spot on. He didn't catch one rock with his soft crabs. I dropped him off and took my fish to United Shellfish to check them in and sell them. Thanks for reminding me Rob.
Yet another reason I don't fish for Rockfish. And, today the damn Specks turned their noses up at freshly shed soft crab. What the hell is the world coming to?

81 - 87 of 87 Posts