Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new registration stickers recenty and noticed they are different. They now contain your boat's DNR registration number and state "Paid". i wonder why they changed to this format? Ive had stickers mysteriously dissappear from my boat in the past so maybe this will prevent people from stealing stickers? What yall think.

Dbig

·
Premium Member
26,137 Posts
Related to you losing stickers.

I doubt a thief could remove a sticker in good enough shape that it could be reapplied to another boat.

More likely your sticker (s) came off. If you trailer - going 55 mph can peel a sticker off.

It pays to remove the expired ticket - I use a heat gun on low to warm it. Gently scrape using a razor blade held at low angle. Just for kicks I try to get the old one off in one piece - maybe 1 out of 10. My reason to suggest a thief would have trouble.

Once removed - clean area with solvent like acetone. Let it dry 5 minutes. I keep new stickers warm in the house and warm hull slightly with heat gun.

New stickers are carefully applied removing release paper as sticker is smoothed on. Old credit card makes a good application tool. Work slow and on 45* angle smoothing towards a corner to release any air bubbles.

Once on - a light coat of wax helps seal the edges of new sticker. This really helps avoid them coming off.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I just stick em on the old one. There is probably a stack of 13 of them on my Parker. I do clean the surface with Windex before applying the one.

I use the saved time for other things....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts