Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Dave:
Covered Griffin when he was DNR secretary in the 1990s, one of a string of secretaries hired and fired by Glendening.
He's well thought of by state lawmakers and was twice named "Conservationist of the Year."
It's rumored he'll select Eric Schwaab as his deputy. Schwaab was fired by the Ehrlich administration when he opposed a watermen-inspired reduction in the legal crab size.
Griffin will have his hands full with an underfunded and understaffed agency, but he's got vision, focus and people skills.
I think it speaks well of the appointment that the transition team made courtesy calls to fishing and hunting stakeholder groups the night before the announcement.
That's what I know,
Candy

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
If Eric can be lured back, that would be awesome news for the Bay.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If It's Eric Schwab...........

I'm thinking with the politics that are at work here that there may be other changes coming within the ranks at DNR. With John Griffin as the new Sec and if the rumors are true about Eric Schwab then what's going to happen with Mike Slattery, Head of Fisheries. Word has it that Slattery and Griffin don't get along to well and the same is said to be true with Schwab and Slattery. So the guard may be changing at DNR, what do your sources say Candy???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts