Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my wife to take a shot of the new engines...

i also have a video of the boat at 40ish mph. have no idea how to post a vid...

This was my home grown dinner fri night...

not much fishing this weekend. kids and wife were content to ride around, shark tooth hunt and take lunch trips to md rest. via the water.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice to see those 2 Yamahas on that boat. It looked pretty naked without them. Hope you get some quality fish time in it this year.......

Brian
Tazmanian Devil
Deltaville/ Chesterfield

·
Registered
41 Posts
They look good (the engines AND the dinner).
Hey,whats the deal with the fuel hose? I though the reason you installed those gas-miserly Yamahas was so you wouldn't have to do that!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks,

i am going to get a fuel flow gauge this winter... but I can tell a big difference just by the gas gauge and how much i burned from the bay and back.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I see your oyster farming paid dividends - how long did they take to get to that size from spat size?...curious and wanting to become an amateur oyster farmer....thanks...

WA

·
Registered
956 Posts
You will love those 4 strokes. With my old 250 yammie with carbs I had to fill up after each trip to the cell. Now with my F225, I fished north of the cut channel Saturday, ran 70+ miles according to my speedo and burned 13 gals. Ran out and back at 30mph at 4500 rpms.

·
Registered
41 Posts
[Q]warrenahrens originally wrote:
I see your oyster farming paid dividends - how long did they take to get to that size from spat size?...curious and wanting to become an amateur oyster farmer....thanks...

WA
[/Q]
Warren,a friend & myself raise anywhere from 10-12000 spat a year. I know that sounds like a lot but we give a bunch away & we really feast on them during the Holidays (we just grabbed 3 bushels last week for Thanksgiving).
It takes us about 11 months to get them from spat to eating size,as a rule. I guess that would depend on the qualty of the water & the flow,though (both are good in our case). Ours are suspended in floats. It takes a lot of time & effort but raising them does seem to yeild a better product,plus you know where they came from so you tend to be less concerned when they're eaten raw.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they are hpdi's not four strokes... they are still much more efficient thn the old carbs. Quieter too.

These oysters are 2 years old. They taste better than any store/rest oyster you can find. I need to have a roast this winter. I have oysters coming out of my ears.

I also want to start a list of TF oyster growers so we can exchange notes, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts