Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm excited to have joined this website and hopefully I will be out on the water before too long. Just need to know where to go for the fishing I like to do. I am from MA and was able to do some nice striper fishing (kayak) up in MA in the fall. My father was lucky enough to bring in a 50 lber....what a sight. I live in Arlington, VA (I know, probably a haul to get to the fishing grounds), and I truly enjoy surfcasting. I'm familiar with several different fishing techniques for stripers, but my favorite is eels at night. Any suggestion where I could get my line wet. I'm not looking for the hot spots, just some areas I can explore and possibly land one.

I assume that my first trip would be in the spring when it warms up a bit. Hopefully before long I will be answering questions here and not asking them. I appreciate any help anyone can afford. All the best out there and hope to meet some of you on the water.

- Fish n'Chips :fishing2:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Post this on the Chesapeake Board. If you are in Arlington it is a shorter drive to fish the Md. bay and better fishing in the Spring. The gang is very helpful. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
welcome to t.f., call jamie @ crab creek tackle 757-460-1958 (if that's correct, they just moved, if not look up c.c. pizza va. beach) about info on pirates of lynnhaven kayak club & surffishing, he's done alot of it. from n.h. orginally, glad to see another yankee made the transition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice im from Ma to fished the cape a ton, been down here about a year. Got some nice fish around the cbbt this year. I need to meet some more people to fish with. my names spencer

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Well Your not that far from some ofthe best fishing in Va,
1st welcome The Potomac river about a rock throw from you is a Haven most of time. In the Spring You can go fish the Potomac in DC waters on live herring and catch all the Stripers you can handle. You Kayak upper portions of the river in a kayak but the Upper potomac in Dc can be pretty tough... White perch invade the river and Yellow perch are no ont he way here.. The Occaquan river is full of perch starting about mib feb into march .. Stripers start up inthe river about April but catch and release till May 1st... The Spring Season in the river Starts mid April and You can fish for them Below the 301 bridge to the mouth which is a long way.. A lot of rules apply here so make sure you know the law... PRFC.COM is usually a good place to start.. If you like to fish for Bass the potomac is a Great place to go, Crappie as well. Being Arlington you not far at all from some serious line pullage..

Jay

Get a Map of the potomac river and you will see there are dozens of tributataries to fish in...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you.........

Thanks everyone. I posted this on the Cheasapeake board as well and was able to get some good info. Spencer, anytime. Would love to hit the water with someone that has more knowledge than me. Looks like I am in a good location to do some striper fishing come Mar/April. Have to get a map and find all these places....everything is still Greek to me.

Thanks again and if anyone wants to link up this spring, I can be reached at [email protected]. I will mostly surfcasting with herring or eels, but wouldn't pass up a boat invite. Good luck everyone. Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts