Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I would make sure to check the prices at BOE Marine, a sponsor of this forum. I just purchased a lowrance 27c from them. They have the cheapest prices on the net without a doubt (I did a lot of research). I recieved my unit 2 days after I ordered.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Justin,

How's it going? It's Alan from Meherrin Valley Hunt Club. Have you had a chance to use that 27c yet? I am looking at the very same unit at BOE and I sure would like to know what you think of it. Are the lowrance radar units any good? I can't find many reviews on the subject. I would appreciate any info you could give me. Take care and I'll talk to you soon.

Alan

·
Registered
355 Posts
Best deal would be to grab the Furuno 600L listed in the classified, then buy one of the tilted element thru hull transducers from BOE. I am running this exact setup now and am very happy with it. That should put you at $475, leaving a little spending money!(I am not affiliated with the advertisement, by the way)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The Furuno's are the top of the line and top dollar as well. Alan, I am very pleased with the ff part of the unit. I am still waiting on the GPS antenna, lowrance is behind, they shoud be out by March 7th. I went ahead and got the navionice gold chip and it is amazing. I am veryy happy with it so far. I have onle been striper fishing with it about 4 times, so i have not really put it over structure to see what it will do, but for the bay and nearshore it should kick butt. The bait/fish marks striper fishing were killer. The menus are easy to figure out and the display is great. I have no regrets at all on this one. If you wanted to go big you could get the aimar tru-hull or inhull ducer which throws out alot more power than the pre-packaged deal, but I figured it was overkill for depths usally less than 100ft. I do not know much about the radar but check out the electronics forum at The Hul Truth.com and there is pelnty of info on the units there. The is alot of info to help the original poster as well with ff reviews for untis under 600.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts