Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, after moving down to the keys late last year I've been getting a lot of contacts looking for info on places to stay, fishing, sight seeing etc.

There is so much variety across the board that I asked Brandon and he graciously conceeded to set up a board just for the Keys.

As time permits I will be placing a Sticky on the board that will be continually updated and list sites for info of general nature, newspapers and such for fishing reports, and any special event venues that may be of interest.

I hope this will be of help to those who want to visit us here in Paradise.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I was just about to Bmail you.. Great idea.. Just got confirmation on 24' Key Largo for a week. Never really fished around 7 mile Bridge, need some advice. Can you throw me a bone ?

I'm coming down March 5, and will be there until the 15th

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Capt. Bob,

Thank you for undertaking the job of updating the Stickies. Look forward to comming down this fall. Paradise it is!

Echo, if you happened to catch that big feesh that cut me off down at the 7 mile bridge, I at least tired him out for ya.:D

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Capt. Bob,

Thank you for undertaking the job of updating the Stickies. Look forward to comming down this fall. Paradise it is!

Echo, if you happened to catch that big feesh that cut me off down at the 7 mile bridge, I at least tired him out for ya.:D
Details please... I'll return your jig.. Promise...:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am heading down March 16th- 20th. I was going to book a charter but I dont think Ill have time between all the drinking and all the drinking.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Brian, I am sure it was a shark just because of the way he was pulling. Never did get to see him but we played give some take some for over an hour and a half on 10lb test on a spin rod. Anchor right off the channel edge in the middle between the old span and new and there is no end to the different fish to catch. We were using shrimp and cut ballyhoo in April. Endless possibilties from yellowtail snapper (yum) to tarpon and shark. With the size boat you have you can even head off about five miles just out past the reefs and go for blackfin tuna and mahi mahi again (yum and double yum). We were just past Looe Key in about 160' of water trolling ballyhoo with an octopus skirt and 1oz egg sinker on singlestrand wire.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
.It must be like dieing & going to heaven before your time.I trailored a boat down & rented a house on a canal on Cudjoe key for a month in January in 1990.What a life.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I bit the bullet

and made the move ( had to make some sacrifices but hey it's the price of living in Paradise)...I found a really great place to wake up every morning...the picture on my signature was out the front door of a place I stayed at during one of my pre-move visits.
There's more beautiful views here than can be believed, sunsets can be breath taking...fishing is dumbfounding...this is the place you here people talking about when they say "

Life should not be a journey
With the intention of arriving
Safely in a well preserved body,
But rather to skid in sideways,
Cigar in one hand,,
Favorite beverage in the other,
Body thoroughly used up,
Totally worn out,
And screaming
"WOO HOO… What a Ride!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts