Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
What's with all the happy white people juxtaposed with starving and dead africans?

There are plenty of starving whites (and blacks for that matter), right here in our own country.

Africa has been a cesspool for centuries. The only way to change what is going on over there, the world doesn't have the balls to do. So, however sad and unfortunate what is going on over there is; it is going to be that way for quite some time to come.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[Q]Admiral Bob Hastings originally wrote:
What's with all the happy white people juxtaposed with starving and dead africans?

There are plenty of starving whites (and blacks for that matter), right here in our own country.

Africa has been a cesspool for centuries. The only way to change what is going on over there, the world doesn't have the balls to do. So, however sad and unfortunate what is going on over there is; it is going to be that way for quite some time to come.
[/Q]
I think the point, was to move one's heart to want to give to those less fortunate than ourselves...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[Q]hollandcrew originally wrote:
2 WORDS..... BIRTH CONTROL.
[/Q]
Well I am sure glad my mom's or yours didn't decide to go that route
[smile]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Same as we are doing in Iraq, Dave. Take that shhithole by storm, kill all the knuckle-dragging dictators and set up proper democracies. However, it would take a global effort, not just us and Great Britain.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same as we are doing in Iraq, Dave. Take that shhithole by storm, kill all the knuckle-dragging dictators and set up proper democracies. However, it would take a global effort, not just us and Great Britain.
[/Q]
What you just decribed would be more justifiably titled as "Imperialism"
not proper democracy as you put it. There is a huge difference my friend..

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
My, my, my, Hasty is beginning to sound like me. " Blow off all the natives in A-FREAK-CA and start all over again with real people."

What is so bad about their situation there is that their own leaders (meaning rotten dictators) are the very ones who are keeping them repressed.

Who in their right mind would want to invest their time and money toward improving the lives of those poor people when all of the benefits would go to enrich their sorry a$$ed leaders. What a sad situation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[Q]capt. dave originally wrote:
My, my, my, Hasty is beginning to sound like me. " Blow off all the natives in A-FREAK-CA and start all over again with real people."

What is so bad about their situation there is that their own leaders (meaning rotten dictators) are the very ones who are keeping them repressed.

Who in their right mind would want to invest their time and money toward improving the lives of those poor people when all of the benefits would go to enrich their sorry a$$ed leaders. What a sad situation.
[/Q]
NGO's give money directly to those affected, by NON-MAN made things, such Tsnuamis, Famine, Earthquakes, and the like. I for one, knowing that famine exists in other nations, feel obliged to help with whatever I can, whenever I can. For those who don't that is you, but I would advise to check you heart, and never forget how Katrina affected the world's richest nation...But that's just me...

·
Registered
83 Posts
NEW FOR

There was a man on the corner, at the stoplight, yesterday. I was with my son, and normally I just blow these people off, but he wasn't the usual charity beggar. This man just completed 8 months sobriety and was raising money for the agency that helped him. He was giving away some nice big pixie sticks, too. I won't tell you how much I gave, I will tell you I only accepted one candy and his blessing.

My point is: Charity begins at home. Once we take care of the have-nots here, and all of them, then we can look elsewhere.

BTW, I don't just mean a free hand out. There is no reason anyone should be denied college or healthcare.

No one should be in jail without real rehabilitation.

No one should have to (__________ ) in soon to be the second greatest country on the planet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NEW FOR

There was a man on the corner, at the stoplight, yesterday. I was with my son, and normally I just blow these people off, but he wasn't the usual charity beggar. This man just completed 8 months sobriety and was raising money for the agency that helped him. He was giving away some nice big pixie sticks, too. I won't tell you how much I gave, I will tell you I only accepted one candy and his blessing.

My point is: Charity begins at home. Once we take care of the have-nots here, and all of them, then we can look elsewhere.

BTW, I don't just mean a free hand out. There is no reason anyone should be denied college or healthcare.

No one should be in jail without real rehabilitation.

No one should have to (__________ ) in soon to be the second greatest country on the planet.
[/Q]
You won't get any arguements from me on anything you just said, except for maybe that Pixie Stick, did you give your son any.....[grin]

·
Registered
31 Posts
NEW FOR

have you seen a Feed The Children show? send your money to Appalachia, right here at home. Fug, Africa gets more US $$$'s allocated from our govt. than any other nation. Apparently we are wasting our money...doesn't seem to be helping much. I say enough!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
NEW FOR

Carla is about right. We pour our goonverment money into their goonverments pockets and the people get ZIP. There needs to be real reform in the political powers there before much of anything can be done to truly help those poor people in the long run. Trouble is how does the reform get done.

People in our own country saw what can happen to their well meant donations to the gulf coast survivors. As soon as the money began flowing the rip offs started. The $2000 debit cards were a joke. The money was pissed away in no time. Some of these swine will live like pigs all their lives.

But, then there are others who will wind up doing the work and getting things done inspite of the hardships. These are or will be the real heroes. God bless them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts