Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cove Marina on Little Creek Amphibious Base got a new fuel supplier! New on the water prices for those that have access to the base are $2.489 for 87 octane regular and $3.539 for diesel. It's credit card ONLY at the pump. :clap: :clap: :clap: :eek2: :clapping2: :clapping2: :clapping2:

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Thanks for the info, Carlos. Nice price.

Now I just need some decent weather so I can burn some of that $3.80 fuel I have in the tank.... :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can DoD Civilians (with their CAC Card) get to the marina and use the pump even if they don't keep their boat at the marina? In other words, will the guys in the security boat let you by with proper identification even if you don't keep your boat at Cove Marina? Can civilians buy gas there, or is it just active duty/retired military like the commissaries?

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
the guy in the secuity boat has no idea if you keep your boat there - if they ask .....just tell them that you launched from the ramp that morning & your truck/trailor is in the parking lot ! the pump wont care who's credit card it is !

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Gas prices are sloooow to catch up with oil prices. Look for this drop to continue at a while (oil is under $70 now down from $140 and could go down to $50).

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can DoD Civilians (with their CAC Card) get to the marina and use the pump even if they don't keep their boat at the marina? In other words, will the guys in the security boat let you by with proper identification even if you don't keep your boat at Cove Marina? Can civilians buy gas there, or is it just active duty/retired military like the commissaries?
You don't have to keep the boat at the marina. If you're DOD, just follow protocols for entering the harbor and keep away from the moored ships to starboard as you enter the harbor.

Contact Little Creek Port Control on channel 12 and request permission to transit to Cove marina. After they grant permission, standby the sercurity buoy line until the patrol boat checks your ID. When You leave the pumps, call port control and inform them that you are departing Cove Marina for the bay. The reason to call when you leave is in case they have a boat or ship movement or diver operation going on. They may not want traffic through the harbor.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
don't get too giddy....... crude was up slightly today ahead of a meeting that OPEC is having tomorrow in Vienna to reduce production, this may be the bottom and they are looking to make a rebound.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
don't get too giddy....... crude was up slightly today ahead of a meeting that OPEC is having tomorrow in Vienna to reduce production, this may be the bottom and they are looking to make a rebound.
Not too "giddy" at all.:)) I would be giddy if it was 10 cents a gallon.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
717 Posts
the guy in the secuity boat has no idea if you keep your boat there - if they ask .....just tell them that you launched from the ramp that morning & your truck/trailor is in the parking lot ! the pump wont care who's credit card it is !
There you go, now thats an honorable way of doing it. I am sure if it gets abused, things could change for the worse just as quickly as they have for the better! Don't take those security guys for granted, I'm sure they will take note when you call and request permission to transit back to the bay 20 minutes later! Not to mention I am pretty sure ALL transmissions are logged in with Port Ops.........

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Carlos, glad to hear yall got the pumps up and running, and heck $2.39 is cheaper than the NEX pumps!!

And as for the use of Cove Marina as a DoD Civ, I used to use the fuel dock there when I stored my boat at Taylors, just checked in via Port Control as per the instructions given in an earlier reply. I even told em I was headed to the fuel pier, no questions asked, no sneaky or funny business or stories to keep up with. If you got the creditials, you have the access!!

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Yea there's a good plan...lie to Navy security...NOT.

But all it does take is for one member of your crew to show a military or retired ID card to get access, doesn't have to be the owner.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I could care less - they log nothing. I never call port ops or say a word to them. I come in,wait for the security boat to pull up next to me and show my ID and procede as I wish....a radio is not required by the coat guard and the Navy cant make you use it either, FDH anyway. Both of you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts