Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go to Facebook search Ken Penrod read about this guy Brown that has been appointed to a job in DNR

I've known Penrod for years. He knows his ****.

Draw your own conclusions.

This post is not to create a big argument on Tidalfish but just to inform.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

·
Premium Member
26,291 Posts
Unbelievable - this guy is bad news.

I am aware that Robert T Brown Sr was appointed to the Maryland Department of Natural Resources "Tidal Fisheries Advisory Committee" by Larry Hogan at the "advise of the Secretary of Natural Resources" . As a concerned citizen, Maryland resident , and Potomac River advocate - I would like to know if the Secretary and Governor made this appointment with the knowledge that Robert T. Brown was indicted in 1993 under the federal Lacey Act and subsequently pled guilty to being involved in a organized crime conspiracy where he and his coconspirators killed in excess of 48,000 pounds of Potomac River Largemouth Bass for financial gain.
I would also like to know if the Governor and Secretary made this appointment with the knowledge that Robert T. Brown was named in a 1993 indictment where Maryland DNR Captain Coffroad was charged with providing information to "watermen" prior to a search warrant being executed on a residence that was searched for evidence connected with the poaching of striped bass.
I would also like to know if the Governor and Secretary made this appointment that with the knowledge that Robert T Brown has ben cited twice by DNR Police for illegal possession of striped bass and illegal netting (2013).

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Knowing people who are in charge is always beneficial, LOL. If these accusations are true, Hogan is truly helping all Marylanders, SMH.

I won't say I'm surprised, politicians always make me laugh.

·
Premium Member
26,291 Posts
You can research on the Md judicial search web site and see for yourself. This is only for charges in Md though - the federal charges are little harder to get to.

Some charges use T as his middle name - others use Theodore. Be sure to look for senior and / or 1950 birth year as Brown is common last name.

·
Registered
236 Posts
OMG, so now we have another example of (the fox guarding the hen house.) I would like to know if Governor Hogan and secretary Belton are aware of R.T. Brown’s misdeeds.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
You can research on the Md judicial search web site and see for yourself. This is only for charges in Md though - the federal charges are little harder to get to.

Some charges use T as his middle name - others use Theodore. Be sure to look for senior and / or 1950 birth year as Brown is common last name.
not hard to find as it was reported in many news media both localy & nationaly

He was sentenced, both jail time & home detention & fined
https://books.google.com/books?id=b...v=onepage&q=robert t brown lacey act&f=false

·
Registered
242 Posts
I for one will look into this. If Gov. Hogan appointed this guy he must be held accountable. I voted for Hogan but not happy if this is the start of his time in Office.

·
Registered
60 Posts
robert t brown is the face of the maryland wuddermens association

so much for the industry trying to clean up the image

·
Registered
823 Posts
Why should this surprise anyone who has resided and followed the history of DNR in MD for any length of time. This has been going on for generations. The DNR in most states responsibilities, first and foremost, are for the protection of "our" natural resources. Unfortunately in MD its always been the protection of a small percentage of special interests that are well organized and very vocal. Why in this day and age do we still appoint people to these positions. Logic dictates that you would find the most qualified person who had the best interests of the fishery. Oh that's right were talking MD politics here. Par for the course regardless of whos in the governors house.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Probably illegal to hold a mans past deeds against him. If he paid his fines and did his time, he should be allowed to live on. While it's seems like a bad move to most, Hogan can appoint whom he wants. Blame Hogan, not Brown for this appointment.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this appointment has a bad background . Not sure what to expect from this appointment. But if past history tells us anything, Brown has to watch his P's and Q's. People will be paying close attention to Brown.

·
Registered
892 Posts
You can go to MWA's podium page https://marylandwatermen.com/Podium_Story.html, see Brown standing next to Republican Eastern Shore Senator Stephan Hershey (spelled correctly) and Republican Delegate Jay Jacobs and pretty much figure this all out...
Oh...so you can figure it all out from a picture....he's obviously so tight with Hershey that they spelled his friggin name wrong, just as you did also. It's Stephen....not Stephan.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
"Probably illegal to hold a man's past deeds against him"! That has to be the lamest statement I have heard in quite some time, and we are in the throes of Primary season. Deeds have consequences. Or at least they should. But politics is an alternate universe where up is down and night is day!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't want to hold anyone's past behind them. I don't want my tax dollar supporting him . I will hold the politician that appointed him responsible. I voted for Hogan but if this is the best person for this position he has; my judgment of Governor Hogan was way off.

·
Premium Member
26,291 Posts
They need to adopt something like this :

Appointment
A Council member’s appointment is conditional until such time as the member’s background investigation has been favorably adjudicated. If you are appointed, you must undergo an extensive background investigation and complete other administrative requirements of the appointment process. Failure to disclose any past criminal history would be grounds for an unfavorable background investigation. Newly appointed members are required to complete a training course typically scheduled in October.

·
Registered
14,613 Posts
They need to adopt something like this :

Appointment
A Council member’s appointment is conditional until such time as the member’s background investigation has been favorably adjudicated. If you are appointed, you must undergo an extensive background investigation and complete other administrative requirements of the appointment process. Failure to disclose any past criminal history would be grounds for an unfavorable background investigation. Newly appointed members are required to complete a training course typically scheduled in October.
That would get rid of half of the people on the council!....... Gary

1 - 20 of 23 Posts