Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading down to reedville in the morning to pick up my new boat. Looks like it maybe a wet and windy sea trial.

Found a great deal on a left over from the factory. Hope it is at least as fishy as the grady.

Some pics

Here is a link to my Grady, for sale to good home
http://www.tidalfish.com/classifieds/viewdetail.asp?id=6387

·
Registered
77 Posts
my buddy down in NC has one--gone out several times with him, that thing is sweet. im jealous. a windy ride should show you how good those boats handle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bet your test ride was like ridin on a marshmellow. Assume your dealing w/Jetts Marine on your Jones? If so Tim Q., Bubba and crew are the bomb. Bought mine last year, can't describe how sweet these boats are. Not alot of frills (holders, nooks and cranies) but the hull shape, turn, construction (rock solid), and float angle are perfect. In and out of 12" water and dry as a bone in the snot. Some pics of mine at this link:
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=10135&cat=500

·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was not a pretty day for a sea trial, windy and lumpy. In other words perfect.
I'm so happy with the decision. The boat handled very well and the marshmellow description was perfect it is a soft ride even in some lumps.

Saltfly, Thanks............ can't wait to get is rigged up just right

I'm looking for someone to install a tilted element ( thru hull ) transducer. Any recommendation on a quality installer?

·
Registered
320 Posts
downdeep...the JB's come factory rigged with Yammies...did you buy a used boat with the honda?? good looking ride

·
Registered
77 Posts
DRB,
I think JBM endorses/recommends Yammies, but don't come pre-rigged with (at least I didn't see any at Jett's pre-rigged w/anything). We use Honda's on our work boats and Jett's made me a deal I couldn't refuse. Thanks for the comments.

·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At most places Jones do come pre-rigged with Yammies, but Jett's has an arrangement with Donnie in that he lets them rig on site.

DownDeep, I did get the boat at Jett's and Tim, Bubba, and John are all great guys.

I love the 23, and would like to get you input on some rigging stuff... ie where did you put fire extinguisher, other stuff like that. Since it is such a bare bones set up, cleverness in rigging will need to be used.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts