Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much research and investigation, and with great input from folks here at TF such as B-Faithful and Shawn Kimbro, my wife and I pulled the trigger last month on a new Judge 27cc.

I can't say enough about how well Bill Judge has treated us throughout the purchase and design process and it's been a blast working with him to develop the boat. She just came out of the mold this morning so I thought I'd post a couple of shots. They also built up our console w/ electronics to use as a display at the open house on Saturday so I included a shot of that.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and thanks for posting the pics. I've spent some time on those boats and you and your wife are in for some good times. Those puppies raise fish :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Looks great....good luck with her.

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
You sound like a proud Papa. She will be ready in time to enjoy the season. Tight lines...........Gary

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the congrats. Yes, Spynet, we went with the Suzuki. I'd heard great things about both the Honda 225 and the Zuke 250 and figured, all other things being equal, I'd go with the extra horsepower.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Very nice ride. Are those the electronics you're going with? 2 big screens, dang that's nice.

Mike

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Great idea going with two screens and the SonicHub. I've been talking myself out of it because I don't want to give up the screen space with my single screen. Please keep us posted on the construction, Seaside. I can't wait to see this boat come together.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful boat... a real piece of artwork that most of us just dream about owning. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike- yes, we went with two HDS-10s and the broadband radar. We originally we going to do a single screen but then Lowrance started running their new promo and it put some $$ back in play and we decided to get an additional screen.

Shawn- from what I've seen it looks like the Sonichub controls just sit at the bottom of the screen where your typical soft key bar would sit, so in theory it's not any more invasive into the screen area than the soft key bar and it can also be hidden to open up more space. We'll see how it actually plays out. No doubt it will ensure that I violate all of the laws of stealth that you laid out in the most recent installment of CLT!

Thanks again to all for the congrats.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Chris, glad to see you on here. It certainly is cool to be able to follow your boat being built the way you want it. :yes: It should be noted that the photos from Bill's camera phone do not show the beautiful hull color that well.

I am not sure if Bill sent you earlier photos but here is your boat being rolled out:

Here is your console before any rigging:

I look forward to seeing you at the Open House this weekend.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Congrats on the new boat. Very Happy with mine. I need to get mine over there soon for some add-ons and service.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Hmmmmmmm....how does a thread with nothing but positive responses for a new boat owner go from a 4 star rating to a 3 star rating????
Congrats again on your purchase Seaside.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Man, I want two screens....one is sufficient but I'd love another!!!!!! Your electronics is going to be kick A$$$$$!!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had less than 20 hours on mine before I pulled it out of the water and took it to BOE and had them add a HDS-8 to augment the 10. Too much info available for a single display head. The 10 is on the dash and the 8 is in the overhead - the pictures is of a friend at the wheel last fall. Good call on getting two installed while its being built - you won't regret it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Chris,

Your boat is by far the prettiest 27cc I have seen. Good luck with her. I was over the shop just before Bill delivered her to you. I LOVE the stainless rubrail and seafoam green hull!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts