Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...080-11e5-8d45-d815146f81fa_story.html?hpid=z3

"Record-setting snakehead is caught in Md

By Julie Zauzmer August 11 at 11:50 PM

As the unwanted snakehead species expands its reach this summer into Maryland waters, one angler struck back - at least against one very large snakehead.

It's the largest ever caught in Maryland, in fact. It weighed in at 17.47 pounds when Todd Murphy caught it Saturday in the Mattawoman Creek, a tributary to the Potomac in Charles County.

The Maryland Department of Natural Resources verified Murphy's record-setting catch on Monday, with a note on Twitter: "Thank you for removing the invasive species...."

Article continues at link above.

·
Registered
14,400 Posts
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/record-setting-snakehead-is-caught-in-md/2015/08/11/862e0058-4080-11e5-8d45-d815146f81fa_story.html?hpid=z3

"Record-setting snakehead is caught in Md

By Julie Zauzmer August 11 at 11:50 PM

As the unwanted snakehead species expands its reach this summer into Maryland waters, one angler struck back — at least against one very large snakehead.

It’s the largest ever caught in Maryland, in fact. It weighed in at 17.47 pounds when Todd Murphy caught it Saturday in the Mattawoman Creek, a tributary to the Potomac in Charles County.

The Maryland Department of Natural Resources verified Murphy’s record-setting catch on Monday, with a note on Twitter: “Thank you for removing the invasive species....”

Article continues at link above.
Big fish! This was a bow kill.... Gary

·
Registered
14,400 Posts
Shot should not be considered for any fish record...
Oh, I forgot to add "In my opinion"...
I spoke with Keith Lockwood at DNR today and he said that invasive species records do not differentiate from hook and line or bow kills. It is much harder to catch a snakehead with a hook and line but never the less, it is a BIG snakehead even with a bow!........ Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts