Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Went out trolling on my buddy's boat Excalibur on Saturday, 11-29 out of Breton Bay and hit em pretty good. We caught 8 fish, 7 between 18 and 26 inches and my new personal best, 43.5 inches and 36 pounds! This fish was the fattest that I have personally seen and was the biggest that has been caught on his boat. All fish were caught in ~40 ft of water just south of St. Clement's Island between 8:30 AM and 1 PM. The hot bait for the day was a 7 inch, purple paddletail bass assassin on a 1 ounce white jig head w/ 16 ounces of weight. Out of 12 knockdowns, 9 were on these and 6 of the 8 fish caught were on them. The other 2 fish were caught on bucktails w/ chartreuse curlytails.

I have caught some big fish trolling in the past, but nothing put me to the test like this one, by the time I got her in my arms were jelly!

Took her to the Tackle Box for a weigh in and mesaurement to get my first rockfish paper.

Pic:

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Great report Matt, sounds like a good day.

That teak on the back of the boat looks great, but, I would hate to have to be the person keeping it looking like that!

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Looks like you had an awesome day - congrats on the big fish :clapping2::clapping2:.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Fitzie's is a GREAT place.

VTFish

Unreal, WTG man. I know Chris, good guy, I have been on his boat a few times. I fish out of Fitzie's quite a bit. That's the biggest fish I've seen come in there. I was the guy on the phone with Chris when you guys where in Fitzie's. I'll be there next time the weather allows it looking for one of them big ones.

I believe Fitzie's is the closest Marina to St. Clements to put in your boat. Not to mention they have some real cold beers :beergood::beergood: , the best crabcake sandwich :thumbup: , and the bartenders ain't bad looking either :D . The owner, Dan FitzGerald, is a hell of a guy they just don't get no nicer. :yes:

Thank you

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Still waiting on my big big fish (my son got his citation on his first Rock)
Nice Fish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts