Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always respected and enjoyed charter capts. I have found 99 percent of them are hard working, friendly, very good fisherman, etc. I have always suspected the pressure they must feel to put people on fish. Friday i found out first hand.

Somehow I got talked into putting me and my boat up for a charity auction at our builders assoc. Don't worry REAL charter guys, your jobs are safe!

The folks who "won" came friday. I was really nervous. I had only spoke to them once on the phone. Two retired couples. Very nice people and we had a good time. I was still a little nervous because i had to help them off and on the boat. They came late and we missed the early bite and the top of the tide. We caught 2 34" fish. It turned out to be nice and calm for them too. The ladies could not reel in the fish but I think they all had a nice time. Got back and cleaned the fish for them.

I finally asked them towards the end how much they paid? $100. I hope they had a good time. I am sure that I am not worth much more...

Like i said, new respect!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Good Job! I know you had to feel the pressure......you HAD to catch some fish! Sounds like it worked out well for you! WTG!

Tony

·
Registered
198 Posts
Put me down for Sat for the next 3 months, $100.00 what a deal!
Wonder if the folks had any idea what it really costs to make it happen. Hats off to the true Charter Captains out there, the pressure to produce every single day must drive you crazy!
I would require a topless female mate just to keep the natives calm with my fishing skills!![grin]
Mel
Catchone
Capt Duane from DareYa --do you remember our discussion last 4th of July about the importance of a Great Mate!!
See you at Taylor's in a week, I'm moving in.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Thats the thing, each trip is a brand new party expecting to limit out on fish. even though I think most captains pool their info somewhat to stay on the bite as it moves, the pressure is still there to produce

1 - 6 of 6 Posts