Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me and John went to the boat show and WOWWWWWWW. The 2 boats that impressed us the most were the South Port and the Cape Horn 31'. John and I are seriously thinking about the 31' Cape Horn. We are hard core and I believe that boat will do well for TEAM [email protected]$$. What a descision we have to make but it is really what we are looking for in a boat in the price range we almost can afford. We are going to take a ride next week on it and we will sea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS
Thanks Scott with VA Beach Boats was a hell of guy no pressure no BS and shot straight from the hip. Can't waite till the sea trial.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Good luck on the sea trial......Hope all goes well....if you need help breaking her in let me know......LOL:D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Guys,
I got your messages. I have enjoyed the Cape Horn, and have no reservations. I particulary appreciate that it is a center console with tons of fishing space. But I mostly like the fact that the Cape Horns are clean, solid boats with no unecessary frills to pump up the cost...they are fishing machines, period. I hate tripping over little steps, drink holders, side mounted rod holders, etc. The two large high capacity live wells and 20 rod holders are a big bonus. Check out the ride. You won't be sorry.

Hope this helps.
Julie

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
E Tech's Twin 250's I am a Merc man but I guess not on this one. Julie thanks. How does the boat do in snotty conditions?

·
Registered
456 Posts
You might try going to www.thehulltruth.com and www.floridasportsman.com and doing some searching around. The 31 Cape Horn while relatively new has been discussed and some perf numbers should be available.

About 6 months ago I saw a 31 CH with twin Etec 250s over at Dare Marina, maybe they could put you in touch with the guy.

Beautiful boat and a lot of boat for the money..........looking is the best part...make sure you test ride whatever you buy on a rough day.

Ben

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Ben Yep I looked at the boat forums had good info. Yeh rodger that on a snotty day test run for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.