Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I returned from a business trip last night to a pleasant surprise. A new pair of gunwale mount rod-holders had arrived from Allen Moore of Pipedreams. Nice! I'm really happy with the design and quality. Here is one set ....

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 240-417-4409

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Hope this does not come off as a know it all reply. I'd rather you be pissed then heart broken over losing those nice holders.

Be sure to secure the cluster so it can not be pulled out from the holder. A short rope , heavy bungee or even a pin can be used.

I've had a few calls to go scuba diving to retrieve lost rod cluster holders. Did not even try as I knew it was a lost cause.

Here's what happens - a fish hits and is pulling the rod tip down. This puts pressure on the rod butt. When the angler pulls the rod up - the butt grips the cluster and it gets pulled from the holder. SPLASH - there goes 1-3 rods/reels plus the cluster holder. Happens in a second.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Skip - I didn't picture the mounting hardware but he supplies all of that as well so they will be fully secured and easily released if you want to store them. I have been using bungies until now with my older holders. Your advice is always welcomed. Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts