Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Mustad website today and noticed this Hawaiian bait holder rig.

Anyone ever tried it or anything like it? I'm assuming that you clip your sinker onto the snap and then snag your bait chunk onto the little hook. Then when you cast the bait flys with the sinker limiting spin and tangles thus increasing distance. Once it splashes down I'm guessing the bait breaks free and sinks down as normal detached from the sinker. If it works it seems like a great idea, I'm going to order a couple and give it a try.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you explain how it works? I think I found a rig on Cabela's.com that looked similar. Basically this clip would sit just above the sinker and you'd hook your fish hook (off a dropper) to the hook on the snap for the cast. Looks like it would only work with a dropper setup, not a fish finder rig.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sinker goes on the end, bait goes on the hook rig is tied so hook hangs on clip... when it hits water ....hook comes off. breakaway has a similar rig that is set up as a fishfinder.in reality if you tie a Carolina style (drum rig) fishfinder and keep the line from swivel to hook short (3")or so it won't helicopter badly, and a pull on the rod sets the hook...........not the sinker.
Wes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.