Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All. Just a quick introduction as I'm new to both the board and the bay. Name is Jack, but my online tag is "cigar_stub" or just "stubby". Not an anatomical reference, but related to my penchent for smoking a good cigar to the stub (I'm a one or two cigar a week person). Moved to Richmond with a job change about two years ago from Oklahoma. Had a bass boat there and did well after learning the area. Last July I picked up a 2002 19' Bay Stealth center console. I've added VHF radio, GPS/Fish Finder and stereo. Oh and I was pleased a couple of days ago as I had the boat inspected by the CG Aux and passed, so I have my sticker.

I've been doing some fishing in Lake Anna and did well in the spring, but had a crappy summer. I've taken a couple of runs to the bay to start getting my sea legs again (lived in Jersey before OK). Fished a couple of times at the Cell and last week put in at Lynnhaven, fishing around the CBBT (2 small specks). Still very new and don't know what I throwing yet, but have a great time none the less. Looking forward to learning and of course fishing. Taking my neighbor out this weekend, Lynnhaven again to see if I can do better at the bridge. I picked up a couple of umbrella rigs at BPshops so I'd like to give them a try. I gotta tell ya, after fishing so many years on light tackle, tying up those umbrella rigs with some 60 lb test wa a bear. Not used to knot tying such large line.

I fish either by myself or with a neighbor if I can talk one into going. Most on my block have young ones (2 years old or younger) so they have lots of family commitments. My son is a senior at OU (go SOONERS). Looking to hook up with other boats when I go out and to learn more. Any clubs that meet now and then to discuss tatics, or have an adult beverage while telling lies? <grin> I'm in the Richmond area so it's a two hour run to Lynnhaven.

Anyway, this board looks like a great way to meet and learn. Hope to be an active contributor. Cheers and good fishing.

Stubby

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome to the bay Stubby :thumbup:. I'm new to this as well, but i can tell you if you read the board, and listen to what the old ones are saying, you will learn and they will put you on the fish. Have a great time tomorrow, and hope you bring home some eats.

Randy
"A Crook's Life"

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Look into some crimping pliers and crimps and never tie another knot on anything over 25 pounds again.

The heavy stuff I use is 12 pound test-

BUt I dont troll the bridge either tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts