Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was down at the Solomons Fishing Expo last weekend talking to some fellow angler's about planer boards, and am in process of building a pair. New concept for me, and learning as I get into it. Question? Could someone tell me what keeps your multiple lines spaced once they are attached to the planer board lines with the clips. Never having fished with them it would seem to me that the lines would come in contact with eachother, instead on being spaced equi distant. Someone with an explanation or what you do to prevent this. Would appreciate it before I get out on the water. thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
You let out your rig to the distance you want - you then attach the line to the release clip (or whatever you're using). You attach the release clip to the planer board line and let out more line on your rod so the clip slides out toward the planer board. When it's where you want it, you re-engage your reel and put the rod in the holder.
Repeat the process for each line you put on the board, spacing as you want.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It is really quite simple
1st you let out the amount of line you want in the water say 40' or 50' what ever you want
2nd secure the line to the clip and planer board line
3rd let out as much line from your reel to position the clip where you want it then secure your real
4th your rod tip will be bent thereby keeping tension on the line
5th Bingo now wait for the pop and start reeling in your fish :fishing2:

Benny

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm just learning myself, but it's pretty amazing seeing it done. Not that hard once you get the hang of it. I would suggest HOing with an experienced person who uses boards to see how it's done. All of your questions will quickly be answered. Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ho with sailfish 27 one day and you will learn all the tricks to the trade...............if you don't get your boards finished in time, skip sells a quality set of boards

·
Registered
51 Posts
I second (or third I guess) that. HO with Skip. If you cant learn something from a guy who trolls 14 lines and is such a great teacher, you probably wont get it anyway. And his boards are top-notch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts