1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I finally joined SFAoD.
My wife and I live in Capon Bridge, WV.
For those of you that might not remember your geography, there's not a lot of salt water access in WV.
Wifes parents have a place in Bethany and we spend a lot of time there through out the year.
She prefers the beaches and the crowds where as I could spend the rest of my life at IRI.
I won't be able to attend many meetings during the week but I look forward to meeting you guys on the water and sharing information with you.
In fact, I'm heading to Bethany this afternoon to fish......I mean check / fix the hot water heater at the house this weekend.
Man, I really hope I remember to look at that heater while I'm there since that's the only reason I 'm going.
Yeah right.
I'll see you guys on the water.
If you see a guy built like a fly rod, waiving a long rod with the worst form / technique you've ever witnessed stop by introduce yourself.
Gregg

·
Registered
204 Posts
Gregg,

welcome to the club! It is nice to have a fellow Mountaineer learning how to fish in salty water - my family comes from southern West Virginia - Alderson in Greenbrier County.[smile] Also, a member named John L. has a vacation home in WVa where he goes to trout fish.

Uh Gregg, I'm curious about something. Why would you want to heat hot water?[grin] (Sorry, a little contractor humor - I'm a building contractor.)

Anyway, I hope you will be able to attend a meeting or two during the year and there are plenty of members who will be happy to help you with that casting and get you over the learning curve quicker. It is a great group of guys and everyone shares what they know.

Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill for the warm welcome.
Maybe some of us like our hot water a little hotter.
About my casting, sadly I'm not new to fly fishing. This is self imposed poor form brought on by self teaching and never finding local talent to fish with.
It's a learning curve that's atleast five years old now.
It's funny, wouldn't you think after doing the exact same thing wrong for years it would eventually correct itself? Or isn't that the definition of insanity?
I do plan to schedule some time off in the fall to attend a couple of meetings during the week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome aboard, Gregg! Don't worry about your casting, as long as the fish don't care, we don't either! [grin] My casting leaves much to be desired and has often been compared to swatting hornets with a stick... [sad]

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you. If you see a guy with a rather stocky build, gray hair and beard, looking like he's trying to swat hornets with a stick, please feel free to introduce yourself.

See you on the water!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts