Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I posted a while back indicating I was relocating to the area from Jacksonville, FL and now I'm here. I wound up renting a nice house in the Churchland area of Portsmouth. I haven't been fishing yet since I've only been here a short while but will hopefully get out soon. I am an experienced inshore and offshore fisherman with my own equipment and I hope to make some new fishing friends here. I'm in the process of exploring the area, getting the boat registered, fishing license etc... If anyone wants to get together for a beer, let me know, I am currently unemployed so I have time on my hands and am always up for meeting new folks. I also like to get to know folks a little prior to extending or accepting any fishing invites.

A couple questions: Can anyone recommend a good place to have my Mercury outboard serviced? Also, is there anywhere reasonably close that has good yellow perch populations/fishing? I've done some research but most of that action seems north from what I can find.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello again and hopefully I'll meet some of you soon.

David

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Im not sure about where to get your merc serviced but im sure theres several guys on here who can answer that one. As for the yellow perch question try the freshwater forum. You'll get more hits there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses and PM's. I am somewhat familiar with the area having grown up in northern VA and having fished here numerous times. My brother, also an avid fisherman, lives in Suffolk. I look forward to having my boat here and exploring inshore saltwater and some freshwater.

I would also welcome opinions on where to get good, fresh seafood locally, I am familiar with George's on Chesapeake Blvd. but figure there are other places as well.

Thanks all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts