Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now im not looking for your personale holes but i would like ot no some none ones like the cell and what not. and i was also wondering what ever ones favorit bait was. Thank you

·
Registered
135 Posts
You need to be more specific. This time of year the bay has so many opportunities to offer we could write a book to answer your question. Where will you be docking and what kind of range do you have? What is your target species? In the next few months your options include Spot, Croaker, Flounder, Gray Trout, Speckled Trout, Bluefish, Rockfish, Cobia, Red Drum, Black Drum, Spadefish, Tog, Spainish Mackeral, Sea Mullet and I,m sure I missed a few others. Some of these species are simple to catch and some take specialized tackle and techniques. Give us a little help and these guys will start you out with a fighting chance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not new to sailt water fishing but new to the bay i have spent many years jus tin the rivers before we had a place and a big boat. Now i have a 21 foot outrage and will becoming out of the carratoman or the rap. I have a good rang i can go and dont mind running a ways. I woudl like to fish for drum flounder blues and maby cobia. For the most part i woudl just like some holes for flounder and drum. i also just like to hear the diffent kinds of baits people are using and what seems to work the best for them. Thank you

·
Registered
573 Posts
For flounder right now and throughout the summer, the "cell" area is probably one of the best-- look on your chart for bouy 42 and the cell artificial reef; fish the sandy bottom all around the areas (look for the parking lot); for bait, minnows, squid are always good, but nothing beats bluefish or flunder bellies, or cut croaker; the best place for drum around here is probably off of Silver Beach on the eastern shore; set up on one of the humps there; i havent done much drum fishing, but from what ive heard, cut bait is probably the best; cobia can also be found there later in the summer.
Hope that helps
JP
"KwikRelease"
ps- once late july and august hits, look for flounder at the 'pickle factory'- three big steel drums on the N shore of the rapp just downriver of the rt3 bridge-- fish the ledges

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
You can pick up nice keeper flounder just east of the rte 3 bridge on the white stone side of the Rapp. Just look for the drop off on the side and drag minnows with a strip of squid. Have gotten many over 17 inches there this spring.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that what i was thinking about the cell but it seems to be big on the maps how big of an ary is it and withc side is best to start working

1 - 7 of 7 Posts