Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys on the Bertram31.com (and now the Chesapeake forum) site highly recommended this board for fishing information, so here I am, the newbe to the site.

I just spent the last three years restoring a 1977 Bertram 26 which I have named the "Reel Marauder" after the B26 bombers from WWII.

I only have 5 hours each on the engines, so I want to stay close to Norview in Deltaville while I get used to the boat and break in the engines.

Can anyone direct me to a few spots that will keep me close to Deltaville and at the same time allow me a respectable shot at landing a few fish? She is well equipt for every kind of fishing I have ever done on the bay as I was growing up, but it has been along time since I have gotten a line wet. Any advice is welcome.

I will certainly be glad to report on any sites that are recommended or that I find.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is a nice ride. Perfect for the bay. I am at Norview as well... 28 Carolina Classic. I would probably recommend fishing the R1 or R2 area, Windmill Pt. bar, or if you want to stay in the river, Butlers Hole. You should be able to get the skunk out of the boat at one of those places. I'll be there this weekend, feel free to give me a shout on 68 (Flukester). Good Luck

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome to the board - RM - nice boat!! If you wish to remain close-by in the RappR for break-in and some catching, I would suggest going toward upriver toward the Norris (Whitestone) Bridge. Look left on the Middlesex shoreline about 1/2 of the way to the bridge and you will see 2 silos up on the clay cliff bank. Position yourself in approx. 20' of water after looking for some fish on your sounder and put some squid strips or shrimp or bloodworms or fishbites (experiment here) out on bottom rigs with "flicker" or standard snelled hooks / 3 oz. sinkers. Try to fish oyster shell bottom. You should get some croaker pullage this time of year in this part of the RappR. Enjoy!

WA

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
240 Posts
Warren has it. Hit the Silos or go up to the bridge and try for fish around the pilings. Seems that there's always something there.

I generally work the north end, but have seen folks everywhere.

Also in the shallows (3-4 feet) particularly in the evening, (like up Mill Creek) seems to be lots of croaker being caught.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts