Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not to familiar with the area... if i was lookin to just puts around a little between now and spring up river of the route 3 bridge, fishing with alot of artificail lures an soft plastics, maybe the occasional fly recon id have any luck of pulling anything out schoolie stripers, blues, anything else that might hold up through the winter?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am just as curious as Idfisher. I am recently new to the Rappahannock River area and reside in Morattico. By vessel is in Myers Creek so tht puts me midway from the mouth of the Rappa to Tappahannock. I didn't get much fishing in this fall but plan on exploring the areas from Bowlers Warf to Windmill Point. Along the north bank is the entrance of the Corrotoman River (East & West Branches). I've always had sucess near the Route #3 (White Stone Bridge). In the past years I also fished the shoals of Windmill point and Stingray point as well as the mouth of the Piankatank River. I welcome anyone who can suggest other good areas to fish.

·
Registered
670 Posts
All those spots are good.... Croker, Spot, Spainyards, and a few flounder will be caught there. Turn left out of the river to Fleets bay for some spring striper. SE to 42 and the Cell for the big flounder. S to the wolftrap and fish the channel markers for the men in the brown suits. set up on the york spit and put out fish finders with live bait. The world is your oyster. Mobjack is also an awsome bay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.