Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have been talking to Ken Freeman for the past few weeks and am fishing his championship tournament in Tenn. next month with Vince Coppel from TeamWiskers. Ken is bringing a new tournament to the area next year, March 25th at hopewell, it is an hourly winner type with big fish for the day winning a new boat,motor and trailer. This type of tournament has lost of money to be won and lots of prises to be given, the last winner of the money walked away with over 1100 bucks and a new trolling motor. Ken has told me that the prises will be bigger and better next year as more sponcers get on board. there is currently $10,000.00 in cash given away at every tournament. he pays top 4 each hour and top 5 for big fish at the end. anyone intrested needs to contact hopewell chamber of commerece and let them know we want this to happen here. there is a link to the site about the tournament trail but not sure I can post it here. if I can then I will give it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hey trapperearl, did you go to the "University of Virginia", you sho' do spell funny ! [grin][grin][grin]

Hey baby, we got the JRCC for guys like me that can only catch 40's and 50's, we aint much on the big money tourneys ! Thanks for the info, ya never know. striperjoe

·
Registered
158 Posts
man earl you butchered that one

slow down, take a breath, put the beer down, now type [grin]

yeah i can imagine it must be pretty pricey to enter those bad boys

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
That kind of money will really bring the pros out. I might even give it a whirl.

Post up the link. Lets see if we can make it happen.

DEAN

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry guys, got a broken elbow and taking major pain meds. will try to do better. sorry again. the fee is 100.00 per person

·
Registered
158 Posts
a hundred bucks isn't bad considering what you can win .. it will certainly bring out some talented catfisherman but everyone gets a lucky day now and then!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I talked with Ken a few weeks ago and suggested Osbourne landing. If you get 50 or more boats then Hopewell is going to be way too small to hold such an event. Multiple ramps like Osbourne will be needed.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ranger, I'll tell Ken to buzz you, after we hang up. Glad to help out with the upcoming tourney. Ken wanted to know if he could borrow a rod or two. Can anyone help out. Oh yeah, his gas $ is low and his ride is like really running rough. PS - Someone bring some extra hooks and leader line. Gotta go - everyone needs to call Ken and perk him up. Great guy !

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I think Hopewell can handle it. We have had some purdy big Bass Tourneys at Hopewell and had no problems. There is actually a lot more space to tie up up boats there and it is a more central location. Either way, I'm up for it as long as I can fish with Dayton[grin]

DEAN

·
Registered
556 Posts
they are calling it a "radio" hourly tournament. Which means there will be a different 1st thru 4th place winner every hour during the 8 hour tourny. 1st place each hour will win at least $1000. The overall winner of the tournament(the biggest fish weighed in during the day. no matter when they weighed it in) will win a SeaArk boat plus the money they won during the hourly paybacks.

Now this is an individual tourny($100 per person) so 1 boat could win multiple prizes b/c each angler can weigh a fish in. Any given boat can have 3 fish per angler on its boat at any given time.(the fish must be kept alive). Radio broadcasts will be given out to notify what size fish have been weighed in so you could "sandbag" your fish and weigh them in at the appropriate times to win some money.

This tournament trail is sponsored by BassPro Shops and is becoming a major tournament series. They have had live bands at their tournys and celebs such as Bill Dance and a few Nascar Drivers have been in attendance.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts