Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finally bought what i needed, i called victory cherolet in kitty hawk after seeing what they had... a 05 v10 ford excursion.. after pullling my 23 mako with a 95 f150 for the last 3 yrs im really looking foward to making some trips now.. i heard that n.c. has dropped the laws on wieght restrictions can anyone verify this? i have regular tags on this. do i need to up them? thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nice tow truck! Hope the price of fuel doest go up anytime soon! What's that thing get like 8-10 mpg?????

·
Registered
451 Posts
Frank I loved my X get the diesel though better resale too they are giving away the v10's. I pulled some big boats many times to Hatteras O.I you name it ,never felt em and still got 14 mpg or so. Good luck.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have both the diesle and the big gas motor and i still think the gas is the better value for me. I look at the upfront cost of the diesle and then the cost of diesle compared to gas . I do think the diesle has more power for towing. I normly dont keep my trucks for more than 4 years however with the new deisle's and the emmisions I may hold on to mine for a while. But who know's what the cost of fule will be in the future. GM quit making the big gas motor and it would not surprise me to see ford do the same.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sorry Frank Im a dumb ass I didnt read it right I now see you already bought it Congrats my man You will love the X so much room I used to put a blow up mattress in back at Hatteras harbor and sleep like a champ!!! Again congrats

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, taz, im looking foward to pulling the boat this year... hopefully we can fish together.... took me a while but i have gotten my mess together now. merry christmas everybody...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts