Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was telling a guy at work about catching rock before the season -just for fun.His buddy said that should not be allowed because it makes the fish harder to catch by teaching them about lures.Now I joke and kid around all the time but this guy was dead serious.He told me how he fishes for largemouth bass at lake Anna in Va. and it's hard to catch enough for supper because those "knuckleheads" in them fancy boats educated the whole lakefull of bass.Now I have a new excuse for not catching any fish- we "educated" them too much. :D Skip

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Hahahaha well I better start using more pink and black shads because they have seen plenty of white and chartruse!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
809 Posts
Skip - maybe you should take him out one day and show him all the fish you already caught and released.:clapping2: :clapping2: And if you really want to throw him for a loop call'em by name as you land them.:D

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
sounds like as long as we don't go out on fancy boats we won't educate them commies and we'll all catch more.:yes:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Hey that might be true if the bay was landlocked. The good thing about the bass getting lure shy is that it teaches you to keep trying new things.

·
Registered
708 Posts
And if you really want to throw him for a loop call'em by name as you land them.:D
Now that's funny. :D To really make him flip out, leave the fish on the line in the water for a couple extra seconds and tell the fish to roll over. Then throw it in a live well for the trip back to the dock. Once you arrive, head over to the fish cleaning station, whack the head off and tell it to play dead. :eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I wonder if the migrant fish will get in-state tuition charges for their education. Or is C n R before the spring season pro bono.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
hmmmm..guess he has never caught a fish that has been caught before./..that goes to show sometimes the fish are smarter than we are:D

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Guess they'll get to know the planer boards a little better again this semester !!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
you all think the fact that the fish are becoming "over educated" has anything to do with the "special conditions" in lake anna??? Isnt that where the nuke went down a bunch of years ago???? Maybe they just wont eat anything that doesnt have three eyes!!!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent brothers,
I think that guy's been watching too much Bill Dance on TV. But I think there is some truth about educated fish. I have a college ed-u-ma-cation and them damm trash fish always seem to outsmart me

·
Registered
236 Posts
I use to do alot of bass fishing years ago. There was this one hole below Loch Raven dam that always had a bass sitting in it. Every time I fished there I caught the same bass, sometimes twice in the same day. Now I was using crawl dads and not lures but he ate it every time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nevertheless, that's a good excuse when you skunk.
.........you see, I run into all of these highly educated stripers, some with PhD's, and wouldn't pick up anything I threw at them..........

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
They do hang out in "schools":)) . I hear they memorize all the lures in the BPS catalog and can quote what page each lure is on:D :yes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Giant Tuna Fishermen are really funny about that too... Cracks me up. These fish swim the ENTIRE ocean and remember to look for leaders and hooks on EVERY single item they eat.... riiiiiiight.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I think LMB definitely get lure shy after being caught and released multiple times. Not so much on live bait though. Not sure if "education" is the right term, more like adapting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts