Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New World Record Approved:

You all may recall the striper submitted a few months back for a 20lb tippet world record caught at the CBBT. I received notice his record was approved on the 19th of January.

Introducing,
HARRY HUELSBECK, 43lb 12oz striped bass, men's 20lb tippet World Record holder.
Congrats Harry!

Julie

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I think that guy was in my captains license class....pretty work

·
Registered
325 Posts
Congratulations, Harry! A World Record is quite is an accomplishment that a man should relish for a lifetime and then some! RTC<><

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks everyone! A lot of team effort went into catching that fish.
Coolest part is, couple of trips later my bud FlyOV caught a 50 pounder on fly. The season had closed and she was released. Here is a picture of her. (The second fish, I had to combine some pics to save space.)

C-note, If you took the course back in 2005 at TCC, that was me.

Later, Harry

·
Registered
610 Posts
congrats capt harry job well done hats off to everyone involved

toby

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks again everyone!
I forgot to mention on this thread as I had on others, that we have some great IGFA reps locally. I called Dr. Ball pretty early in the morning, and I'm sure she was in her usual morning routine of daily life. She took the time to give me the guidance on what needed to be done, and made some coordinating phone calls so that others knew I would be coming in, and that the paperwork was on the way. At Long Bay Pointe, the weigh master (not sure who wants thier name on the net, I'm sure you all know him;) ) was more than helpful. He made sure all the weighmaster requirements were completed and filled in, and even helped take some pics, all while he had deliveries, phone calls, and customers coming in and out. Just wanted to give credit to these folks for great local representation / support of the IGFA.

Later, Harry

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
yeah I was in your class the guy in the back with the tie on everyday...congrats!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Harry,
Long Bay Pointe is an official IGFA weigh station, which helps the process run smoothly. Both Steve and Connie are usually in touch with me when we are assisting applicants with processing applications, and they are comfortable with all the requirements and procedures.
I get emails and calls at all hours, with all types of IGFA questions. :D I don't mind at all. It was my pleasure to assist with the processing of your impressive record. The IGFA is aware of the unique fishing opportunities here, and we are in touch routinely concerning issues and applicants. Thank you for the kind words, anyone can contact me with IGFA issues at any time.
Julie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts