Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New World Record Approved:

You all may recall the striper submitted a few months back for a 20lb tippet world record caught at the CBBT. I received notice his record was approved on the 19th of January.

Introducing,
HARRY HUELSBECK, 43lb 12oz striped bass, men's 20lb tippet World Record holder.
Congrats Harry!

Julie

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wow, that was fast !! Used to take far longer. Maybe because Harry had the good sense to get Dr. Julie involved early on.

Congrats Harry, really nice work !!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well, you guys knew before me.:D I had noticed that it was out of the pendings and into the actual records section last week online, but I had not gotten any official word. Guess I have now, thanks Julie!:D
John, Thanks, I thought it would take longer also. Julie deffinently talked me through what needed to be sent and made sure I understood what needed to be in the package. That is the biggest piece to it all, catching the fish is the easiest part of the whole ordeal. Between Julie and the weigh master at Long Bay Pointe (don't know if he wants his name on the net), it was pretty easy getting the package together and in the mail that day. We have some great local IGFA reps.
Tony, Thanks man! No speeches, but just wanna put it out there; I was the angler with rod in hand, but a lot of others were behind making that catch happen. Mostly to FlyOV for handling the boat and getting her in the net that night, and also to Malcolm Pine for showing us the way and fishing with us to get it dialed in over time.

Later, Harry

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Congratulations Harry. That is a great accomplishment. It is neat that the record is owned by a TF fly guy and in and area many of us fish.

The big fish were snapping around the boat again yesterday out from the bridge. Simon caught a 36 pounder that lunged right at the boat and scared him. Water temp was 44 degrees so it is hard to tell how much longer they will be there. There are a number of whales in the area also. Simon also caught a 23" flounder that we somehow managed to find room for in the drink cooler.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Great Job Harry!

John-

This thread is to honor Harry's great accomplishment. I just wanted to mention the fish were still there.

No pics were taken this trip by us. We have been doing that for five weeks and just enjoyed the great fishing with no cameras. Brandon was out there in the same area and took a bunch of pics. He will post later to show some of the action. We decided unless one of us caught a fish bigger than Simon's 46" from last week, there would be no pics.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Congratulations Harry! Biggest in the world!!!

I would say that you are one in a million, but to be accurate...

You are 1 in 6,453,628,000.

1 in 6.5 BILLION aint bad - hats off buddy.

Mike

·
Registered
506 Posts
I hear ya, Bill ... that "was" rude of me. Sometime I forget which post I'm on when I
send a reply. Geez. It's my mind, it needs new roller bearings.

And I understand about no pics ... you are freed up to fish. It's not like you have to take
pics to entertain us... and you certainly have nothing to prove to yourselves. Thanks for
swatting me on the head.

And Harry, sorry ... but you already know you're my idol.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I know two guys who are getting a beer from me at TF. I think it is so cool that two local guys got it. Locals that figured something out and took it home. Couldn't have wished it on anyone better deserving. WTG youse guys...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks again everyone!! The compliments are not taken likely from anglers such as yourselves.
Don't sweat any thread hi-jacking, I was actually hoping / excited for a pic of the fatty flatty also. :)
Deffinently hats off to FlyOV also, for being part of the record catch. Just as much his, as it is mine. Team effort all the way every time out. Thanks again bro, "All part of it". Also note that FlyOV also has the biggest fish between us so far; the 50lb'r. That is one fish I will never forget coming to the boat!:eek: Ask him her name when you see him at TieFest.;)

Later, Harry

1 - 20 of 24 Posts