Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both Fleets were South of Duck to Kitty Hawk, with a small fleet south of Currituck Light.

Scattered Bait balls,
Scatterd Stripers Most 33"
Did manage a 36"
Everyone had their favorite
all colors caught Fish , at all Depths
Bite seemed to Taper off about 11:30 and pick back up about 3:00, for me anyways

Les

·
Registered
370 Posts
That sounds a lot like our trip. We showed up at the fleet at 9am, and the fish were on. I mean they were on everywhere. As soon as we pulled into the pack, we saw poles bent on all sides. The closest boat to our starboard side had two rods down, and even had two fish on one line. Counting 2 kids; my son who is 5 and captain Jon's boy who is 7, there were 7 of us on the boat. We got pretty regular hookups and managed to get 10 on the boat, most were 33", a couple 36", and one measured 40". We missed a few also, but it was pretty steady for a couple of hours, and then the bite just stopped. We trolled around for a couple more hours to see if we could make our limit, but no luck. We didn't stay until 3:00. I'm glad to hear the bite came back on.

All in all it was a great day. Great weather and great company. Great memories for some junior anglers, who each strapped on a belt to take a turn at bringing in a big fish.

Many thanks to Jon, Terry, Jon, and Joe for inviting us and to the TF community for the reports that helped to put us on the fish. My son, the 5-year old just asked me if we could go again. He is hooked. Enough said.

Henri

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
catching is catching. thxs for the report.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Hey Les

Thanks for that great report, straight and to the point with good info. I'll take a day catching some 33" stripers with a 36" thrown in there any day:rockingreport: Thanks for putting it together:thumbup::fishing2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts