Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally a nice day on the ocean, cool start, but flat as can be. New we would have to run far, but didn't think we would be 53 miles away! We found them a little south of the Duck Research Pier. Not hot and heavy but good action and TONS of company, never saw so many boats to catch stripers, especially running that far, but i guess the tourney had something to do with it. Me and a buddy boated 20 or so, keeping our 4 fish limit up to about 30 lbs.

Ran at 30 kts back, totaling 126 miles burning 37 gallons of fuel, not to shabby. Wish they were closer, but i was fun anyway. Strectches and mojos worked equally well.

Happy New years!

Rodzilla

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
I ran 140 mile round trip from, lynnhaven & had a 45 gal burn, 35mph 4800rpm. brought home a 37 & 40", the wx was finally NICE for a change! Wish the bite was off CH, what a run. like going off shore...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Left rudee and ran to kitty hawk and caught 3 nice size stripers.37''39''35'' only fished for a couple hours and left beacuse I new I had a long haul back across the CBBT.But you coudn't have asked for a prettier day out on the water.Just wish the stripers would make a u turn and head back up the coast.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
fine job, hope their a little closer by tues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts