Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New poster, posting my first new post... :thumbup: I'm currently deployed to a little island in the Indian Ocean, some of you mil types may know about. I am here until July, when I will be giving up the reefs of DG for the murk of VB. The shame!

I am a newbie, as far as spearfishing goes. I am a diver and freediver, but have never shot fish, yet. :clapping2: I am hoping to use the next few months to make some aquaintences here, have someone help me get some gear to be set up to get there and shoot some fish.

I do have Mark Laboccetta's phone number, and will be calling him shortly, but I'd like to meet some folks here who can show me the ropes of spearfishing in VB, maybe find a diving buddy, and oh, I'm also looking for someplace to live in the VB area. I'll be heading to Little Creek so someplace that is within a 5-10 mile radius would be good.

Can anyone :helpsmilie: please??

Just to tease you all, here are some pics of our resident Tax Collectors:
These are pics taken from my last dive on Saturday, 3/24

Black Tip Reef Sharks 7-9'

Two BIG grinning groupers. Pearly whites, and smiling, all of them!

Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey man, I was once there in Diego Garcia, long ways away from VB but Its awesome fishing and diving that I remember. My ship pulled in there for about 4 days, back in 1989,
managed to get off 3 days. Like I said its nice out there but not much to do. So when you get in to VB give me a call, I live on the Eastern Shore in Willis Wharf, but I do have access to getting out on a boat to dive this summer.

Mike Perez
P.S. awesome photos!!!!! 757-287-2003

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help, Mike. I'll be in touch before I get out there. Going home to Az for a bit, and than will be heading to VB. Any tips you can give me as far as places to live would be good also.

Thanks again!

BG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Mako...

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like The Tower is the spot. I'm looking forward to it. :rockon:

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
welcome aboard, There's only a few months out of the year that the water visiblity is anywhere close to what you've sent in the picture near virginia beach. I'd guess and say 50-75 foot on a great day but there is a whole lot of action all summer long at the tower and a many other places with 20 miles of the coast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts