Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Efforts Ongoing to Upgrade Recreational Fishing Data Program

On February 12, NOAA Fisheries unveiled a strategy to address the most critical questions facing recreational fisheries data collection and analysis, and ultimately to support the management decisions affecting our nation's fisheries. This Development Plan incorporates key suggestions and concerns expressed by the nearly 100 scientists, managers, and members of the sportfishing community who have already participated in this process. This document is the first step in what the agency anticipates will be a dynamic and iterative process. It contains detailed information on the specific tasks assigned to the various teams and working groups, which must work simultaneously for the agency to meet its mandated deadline of January 2009. Over the next few weeks, NOAA Fisheries will be making public announcements of upcoming meetings and activities.

More information is available online:

http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/RecSurveyUpgrade/RecSurveyUpgrade.html

Ele

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Just so people know, I post all this sort of news on the homepage of Tidal Fish. Just allowing this stuff during these winter months, once fishing starts we'll get back to regular board activity.

Brandon

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brandon, yes, I know you post this kind of stuff on the Home page, but you do not always post the whole thing.

For instance, the meeting last Monday was a TFAC meeting and then a TFAC, SFAC and Ad Hoc combination meeting, you announced the TFAC, but not the rest.

Ele

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reds, I looked at it the other day and the whole notice was not there. Just the notice of the TFAC.

But, that is okay, I won't post these notices anymore, if that is the way Brandon wants it.

It seems like there are a lot less important threads going on than the news from the DNR. But, what is not important to me may be very important to someone else, like, "My wife wants a new dog," and "SWAMBO almost caught me."

Ele

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Ele,

I have to agree with you. Some threads are better than others. But for me I didn't even know we had a home page. I just go to the two or three boards that I am interested in. I haven't even looked at the Calendar.. But thats just me.

Thanks for posting the info.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Ele

I did not say it was not ok to post these right now. It was not a personal thing against you at all. The post was simply directed to guide people. My worry is that once people see that some press releases and things are allowed then I can see the whole thing becoming a mess, CCA, MSSA, the Waternmens Association and every other group known to man will start posting and it will become a mess with pres releases. I am more lenient during these slow months, just wanted to give some guidance because I know what happens when people see this stuff posted, Pandora's box opens and the board can become a mess.

I do try to post every single piece if press release etc that I get. I do not edit them. I agree it is pertinent, as I said it is cool to post this stuff right now during the slower month. Yes they are a lot more important to fishing then some other posts.

For those that did not know we have a homepage, sorry, we do. Articles, fishing news and fishing reports: http://www.TidalFish.com. Easy to navigate to the boards from there. Also many many people do read the stuff, I watch the stats.

Brandon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts