Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Due to the shortage of spot I decided to chum starting one hour before low tide Thurs along the ledge at Podickary Pt.I got the slick going in 27 feet and only saw 3 other boats anchored out.There were a lot of marks and bait balls but also a lot of weeds and small logs in the water.The first 2 fish were small rock.I finally had a huge tug and a the drag was humming.When it got up to the boat it pulled away twice before getting netted. I measured it on my fish box and it was a 28 inch cat with a huge head.I have a history of being spiked by cats fishing in Florida so I got out my gloves to handle him.Having never cleaned a cat I threw him back but he gave me a great fight. One hour after low tide the fish disappeared except for a few breakers that looked like small blues.Any advice on cleaning cats would help if I hook another.Do the bay cats have spikes on their fins?
I caught 4 between 24-30" just north of Baltimore light on Weds morning... I fileted them like a rockfish... Gave them to my parents, who said they were OK... Not a single rockfish...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts