Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Left out of SPSP 6:45 with my father, brother and son. Cruised to Thomas Point and put out a 12 rod Spread and hoping all the jelly had moved out. Used eight tandems and four spreaders all out 3-5 bars back, chutes were 2-4oz and 3-6oz. Four hours trolling west to east and nothing checked baits at various times and only a couple were fouled :thumbup: Fished around 84 and 83 for a bit with no luck, Packed up and decided to move back to the west side. There were some serious sail boats tacking every direction. Put the spread back out north of Thomas Point in 40' of water and trolled toward the radio towers marking good bait. We looked up and found our selves right inside a sailing class (I think) they had brightly colored markers for sailing around right as we started to make a break out of the sailing area BANG two rods go down with one fouling an additional rod. Pops reeled in and we boated our first fish (29")
My son reeled in the other one and it was a 26" with both being males. 4 minutes later and we have our third 28" (right on the nose) next few hours and nothing we troll West to East and found ourselves back in the Gum Thickets when we call it quits. Brother looks up sees one of the rods bouncing but the rubber band did not pop, sure enough a nice little 25 1/2 to close out the day.

It was nice that everyone aboard got a fish and some meat for the freezer.

v/r
"HARDROCKS"
USCG CWO4 "Ret"
Rocky

Attachments

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,701 Posts
Great report thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts