Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been chomping at the bit to catch some big Stripers...... hadn't had my fix since February and the weather window was going to be open for a change. Crew was Rich, Al, Wally and myself. We left out of Back Creek @ 7:30 and headed across towards the ES, the waves weren't as bad as I figured they would be but a little bumpy. Plan was to start to the north and work our way down the line..... we stuck to the plan and made it happen after trying our 3rd location of the day.

We made our first drift 2 miles north of buoy 18 and didn't see much on the screen and the chatter on the radio sounded dismal. We then moved on down to 18 and made several drifts....... some marks and a few scattered fish were being caught and our hopes of getting a bite was on the rise. Well, by noon the fleet was in full force around 18 and it was nearly impossible to get a bite with everyone running up on plane zig-zagging through the middle of everyone...... but I shouldn't expect anything less....... that's it for my rant:rolleyes:.

So, I decided to make another move to the south and found and area that was holding some very nice marks and we had it all to ourselves, only 1 boat even close. We hadn't even got our spread out and we had our first fish of the day, Wally landed a bute measuring 45" and 40#s. Nice fish Wally !!!!! The bite was slow and I contemplated running to the outside of the HR and around Fisherman's Island...... I asked the crew and they were up for it. So, I decided to stay put since we were getting some very nice marks and didn't want to leave fish to find fish. About an hour later we had another bite and Al landed the second of the day measuring 47" and weighing 35#s...... his fish was long but a little leaner than Wally's but still another fine looking fish. We made all the drifts that we could and wanted to make the dock before it got dark and we picked 'em up at 4:30 and made our way back across in a calm bay. Good practice for next weekend's tourney. :thumbup:

Wally's

Al's

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I've been chomping at the bit to catch some big Stripers...... hadn't had my fix since February and the weather window was going to be open for a change. Crew was Rich, Al, Wally and myself. We left out of Back Creek @ 7:30 and headed across towards the ES, the waves weren't as bad as I figured they would be but a little bumpy. Plan was to start to the north and work our way down the line..... we stuck to the plan and made it happen after trying our 3rd location of the day.

We made our first drift 2 miles north of buoy 18 and didn't see much on the screen and the chatter on the radio sounded dismal. We then moved on down to 18 and made several drifts....... some marks and a few scattered fish were being caught and our hopes of getting a bite was on the rise. Well, by noon the fleet was in full force around 18 and it was nearly impossible to get a bite with everyone running up on plane zig-zagging through the middle of everyone...... but I shouldn't expect anything less....... that's it for my rant:rolleyes:.

So, I decided to make another move to the south and found and area that was holding some very nice marks and we had it all to ourselves, only 1 boat even close. We hadn't even got our spread out and we had our first fish of the day, Wally landed a bute measuring 45" and 40#s. Nice fish Wally !!!!! The bite was slow and I contemplated running to the outside of the HR and around Fisherman's Island...... I asked the crew and they were up for it. So, I decided to stay put since we were getting some very nice marks and didn't want to leave fish to find fish. About an hour later we had another bite and Al landed the second of the day measuring 47" and weighing 35#s...... his fish was long but a little leaner than Wally's but still another fine looking fish. We made all the drifts that we could and wanted to make the dock before it got dark and we picked 'em up at 4:30 and made our way back across in a calm bay. Good practice for next weekend's tourney. :thumbup:

Wally's

Al's

What tourney?

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Allrighty then!:thumbup::bigfish::rockingreport:

And to think it's just getting started. The weather mans long range says Dec is gonna be the coldest in years so I would expect to see an early start this year + it won't supprise me if NC also has good fishing along the beach this winter.

Congrats on the seasons first. If you can slip out of work early tommoro I would be up for a run if we have time before this next blow.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Great job guys. See you at the tournament next weekend.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Good job Brian.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice work Bubbas........

I had to work on the eastern shore today, and I was checkin all the boats out as I drove across the CBBT.......I honked the horn at a couple Sea Foxes, but I guess they won't you...........I'm stoked that yall got all DIALED IN and caught some nice fish.....After i seen how impressive yall boys did in the Guinea flounder tournament you need to name that fox......Major Threat...Eric

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks for the report. Nice looking fish. Weather as nice as it was Sunday I bet it was packed from CC to the high rise.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Hey Brian - NICE FISH! I was over there about a week ago and there was a TON of bait marks... good call on the location.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Way to go Brian! Nice fish for an early season cherry popper!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts