Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fish out of the south river and I was hoping to take a buddy out for a night fishing trip this weekend. Can anyone offer any advice? I am an early morning fishermen and am almost never out in the evening or past dark. I was hoping to stay in the river but would fish the bay if it was worth it… weather permitting. What kind of structure should I look for? Deep or shallow? For example, I know of a spot about 8-10’ deep between shallow edge to 4’ hard bottom and on the other side there is a drop to 25-30. Would you set up to work the shallow edge or the deep drop edge? would it be better to find a bridge or dock structure? Night bait preferences? I also have one of those green lights but I heard that croakers do not like them. Is that true? Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I'd go to Marty's and get some fresh bait and go to #1 buoy by the West River and bottom fish. Croaker, spot and perch should be hitting bait there. Cut a spot up and npmaybe catch a striper or blue.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just make sure you don't have any stripers in your possession between 12 midnight and 5am in the morning. I believe it is still illegal to possess them during those hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts