Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a dumb question, but does anybody have success trolling the ocean at night? If so what lures/rigs do you use?
Thanks,

G

·
Most don't try to troll the ocean at night. The bait gets scattered and it would be harder than daytime to drag over a fish. Thats why most guys go over to the bridges where there are lights to attract fish. Unfortunately, that season is closed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have trolled the ocean at night one time, last Jan.. I was at the beach for the weekend and went out after dinner. The inlet is pretty bright and once you get out you just have to look out for other boats. Keep an eye on depth, chartplotter and/or radar whatever you have. I ran the same spread as in the day, umbrellas, mojo's, tandems, etc. The spreader lights help me keep an eye on the 7 lines. I limited with the same quality fish it was just a little slower action. I don't know if this is typical for night trolling, like I said I've only done it once. Just thought I would share my experience. Good luck and be safe if you try it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Agreed! I went directly to and from the spot I fished the day before, by GPS. No nets in that particular are but very valid point. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts