Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an up date on our next tournament.

A members meeting will be held on Sat. July 16 at the Kilmarnock Library at 7:00 PM. V.P. Tom O'Leary will conduct the meeting. The speaker will be Tom Smith who will give a talk on how to catch flounder in the Bay. Tom knows his stuff so take notes!

The Flounder Bash Tournament will be held on Sat. July 23. The target species are Flounder and Croaker. J&W Seafood in Deltaville is the tournament sponsor and will give gift certificates for 1st and 2nd places for each species. The Home Port is Norview Marina where a picnic is plannned for after the event starting around 5 - 5:30 PM. Tom O'Leary will be handling the picnic arrangements.

This will be an opportunity for you lesser anglers to capture one of the winners since I'll be on vacation and Aces Up will be sitting this one out in her slip. Anyway, best of luck to you all and may the best flounder pounder win.

[smile]

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm new to the area - we just bought a house in Kilmarnock. I'm interested in attending the meeting. Can non-members attend? Can I join the club at the meeting? How long do the meetings last?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i hope my re-power will be done by then. i forgot to return the newsletter poll, but i would buy a couple t-shirts. xl

·
Registered
531 Posts
[Q]capt. dave originally wrote:

This will be an opportunity for you lesser anglers to capture one of the winners since I'll be on vacation and Aces Up will be sitting this one out in her slip. Anyway, best of luck to you all and may the best flounder pounder win.

[smile]
[/Q]

(Ahem!) Um...Dave...I hate to break this to you, but we are fielding a team for this one too.

HA!

BTW...Where do you hide the keys to Aces up?[grin]

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott NRA, well now look at the score for the last event.

The Gregg bateau :: one 1st place.

Aces Up :: one 1st place

Fo Paws :: two 1st places and two 2nd places.

I think you need to hijack a different tub!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Fo Paw Rules!

Put me in for 1 L and 1 XL and 2 M.

With our track record so far though (4 plaques for 5 events fished) I think we have a pretty good chance at making a showing.

For fairness though, I'm leaving behind two of our regular members this time. (Kind of like having 1/2 my team tied behind my back) And we do not normally take on the flat ones.

We'll see though.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scott, I'l put you down for the four tee shirts.

You really need to go to the members meeting Saturday. Tom Smith will be doing the coverage on flounder fishing and he knows it quite welll.

Since I won't be there you'll have a slight edge on the competition.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yeah, I know. I really hate to keep missing the meetings. For us it is tough though. 1-1/2 hr drive one way. If we go fishing on a meeting Saturday we are normally back home about 1/2 way through the post fishing cleaning up of boat and (Hopefully) fish about meeting time. Picking days places and times for meetings is tough. There will always be someone who can't come for whatever reason. The ones I have attended, I have enjoyed a lot and at least hit the ones during the winter months.

It would be/will be different one day when/if we get a place down there.

I might be able to make this one though with Evan. We are going to try for sure.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scott, What day of the week would be better to have the meetings?

Do we need to have the meetings at all?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Dave, I'm the wrong one to ask. My job has be traveling some during the week so even a mid week day might put me in a conflict. Not often but Mr. Murphy is hard at work on such things.

I would LOVE to attend more meetings. I enjoy them very much and am sure that the other who make do too. I'm sure I be ate some of them during the off season with Evan.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
HI Dave,

I missed the last meeting, SInce your sitting this one out can you post some "meeting note" on catching flounders!!!

Thanks
nick[grin][grin]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Dave is the guest fee is $10? Also does this money have to be to you before the start of the tourney? I just joined a month ago and have not fished any tourney's yet how does it work is thier a catpains meeting or just go fish and wiegh in at authorized sites. There is no fee for members correct? What channel do you'll stay on?
Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
531 Posts
Tim,

Just go fish and weight in by 3pm at any place recognised on the list. Dave Goodman is collecting guest fees before the tourneyment. No captatains meeting before other than the club meeting already pasts. Picnic afterwards at Norview.

Weight any keepers! Ya never know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts