Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be keeping a weather eye out for the effects of T.S. Ophelia on our fishing area. If the National Weather Service forecast for Sat. or Sun. calls for a small craft or higher warning, the tournament will be posponed to the following weekend. If this happens we will post the information on this board and advise the weigh in marinas. We will be looking at the forecasts for the lower Patomac River from Cobb Island to Smith Point and the Chesapeake Bay from Drum Point to New Point Comfort. I have my foingers crossed that we won't have to delay the tournament. Dave

·
Registered
861 Posts
I hope the weather holds as this will be the first tournament this year that I wasn't stuck at work here at the Fire Department.

Mushy

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The forecast this morning indicated that the storm would be past us by Friday and the area will be fishable on Sat. I hope they are right for a change.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glen Allen, sure, here they are: Saturday Sept. 17 it's Rockfish, Bluefish, and Croaker. The home port is Lewisetta Marina. Sunday Sept. 18 it's Flounder, Spanish Mackerel, and Spot. The home port is Locklies Marina.

You will need to fish in the Potomac River or the Maryland Bay to keep Rockfish. Don't stop to fish in Virginia waters on the way home or you could get a citation if checked.

Awards are for first place in each species. The sponsors are West Marine on Saturday and Boat U. S. on Sunday. Also Boat U. S. and West Marine in Deltaville and West Marine in Glen Allen will have an NNAC 'Fleet Weekend' on Fri. thru Sun. that weekend. They will give 10% off on electronics and 15% off on all other items to NNAC members. Just show your membership card to get the discounts.

Locklies is giving a free season launching pass and a free Boat U. S. membership to anyone departing from their marina and returning and weighing in a winning fish. Be sure to see Jack when you return.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The forecast still looks promising for the tournament. I need to go down to the Rivah to make sure my mooring lines are OK. I'll make sure that a posting is made if the weather picture changes.

·
Registered
579 Posts
NNAC Fleet Weekend started today at Boat US and West Marine, so I went over to Deltaville and bought boat and fishing stuff at both places, saving 15 %, including items already on sale such as fuel/water separators. Also stopped at J&W Seafood for a few more items. Supported our sponsors, saved money, and got ready for the NNAC tournament this weekend. Looks as if the weather will be fine. Good luck to all in the NNAC Grab Bag Tournament.
Tom

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A change at J&W Seafood. Capt. Gillie will be less active at the store. There will be a new person there on Sat. & Sun. that you ought to get to know. His name is Joel Vedelli. He will be joining the NNAC. He will be happy to help you get what you need and don't forget to request the NNAC discounts.

After several misses, I finally got to thank Capt Gillie face to face for sponsoring the Flounder Bash. He has been a good friend of the Club.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts