Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be a Northern Neck Anglers Club members meeting on Saturday August 13th at the Heathsville library at 7:00pm. The speaker for the meeting will be Capt. Jeff Gantnier who will be talking about how to catch Spanish mackerel. Jeff is a Club member and a tournament winner. His wife Liz is also a captain and an accomplished angler. She might even share some of her knowledge with us.

Liz has volunteered to arrange to buy the Tee shirts with the Club Logo on them. So far we have 18 members who want 48 shirts. We would like to get more interested members to sign up for the shirts as the price will be volume dependent.

The next tournament is the Spanish Lessons Tournament. Target species are Spanish mackerel, Bluefish, and Spot. Home Port is Smith Point Marina. The sponsor is Queens Creek Outfitters who will be giving awards for first place in each species. There is no picnic scheduled after this event.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
397 Posts
Dave,
When is the Spanish Lessons Tournament? I want to make sure that I can put Capt. Tom Narron on the fish again.[grin]

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rm, The Spanish Lessons tournament is Saturday, August 20, 2005.

I'll give you fair warning, though, I'll be out there for this one and I aim to repeat last year's victory for the Aces Up team. But if second place is OK with you, have at it!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK Tom, lets make a little contest on this one between the Aces Up Team and your team. Biggest Spanish by weight wins. If weights are tied the longest one wins. If lengths are the same go to second place fish etc. Winners take all (what ever that might be). What say you?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be there. I've got to think real hard on what the looser's penalty will be for you guys.[tongue]

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
397 Posts
That means I have your permission to go fishing to practice, practice, practice before the tournament. Kool![excited]

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rm, come to the meeting and Capt. Jeff will give you some input on how to TRY to win this thing. Just remember, I tought him everything he knows.

·
Registered
659 Posts
[Q]capt. dave originally wrote:
rm, The Spanish Lessons tournament is Saturday, August 20, 2005.

But if second place is OK with you, have at it!
[/Q]

WOOOOOW, Don't forget who took second last year. I'm not going down without a fight. Of course I would have been #1 if it hadn't been for that freak catch on the Aces Up. That had to be a lost fish. What are the odds of catching a 6lb Spanish around Smith Point. Give me a break. Well you people have better watch out. Bubba and crew will be there.
Bubba[angel][angel][angel]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts