Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Northern Neck Anglers Club will be having its May members' meeting at 7PM on Saturday May, 13th at the Heathsville library. There will be a short business meeting and then our speaker. The subject of the talk will be on how to catch Rockfish and Croaker for the Club's Rock-A-Thon Tournament. The speaker will be Capt. Jim Deibler, Jr. Members and non-members are welcome to attend. The meeting if free to any interested persons.

Capt. Jim runs the charter boat 'Jimmick Jr. III' out of Wicomico Church, VA. Capt. Jim is a seasoned veteran of the Coast Guard. Besides running the charter boat, Jim runs tug boats part time in the Chesapeake Bay and the Tidal Rivers. Jim is an active member of the Virginia Charter Boat Captains Association.

I have been out on numerous trips on Jimmick Jr. III with both Capt. Jim Sr. and Capt. Jim Jr. working as the mate. I have featured a number of these trips in my monthly columns 'Compton's Comments' in the Chesapeake Angler Magazine and 'Catch Of The Day' in the Woods & Waters Magazine. On each one of these featured trips we caught an outstanding number and variety of fish. The most recent article was "The Middleton Affair" in the January, 2006 issue of the Chesapeake Angler. I am confident that you can pick up some good pointers on how and where to fish from Capt. Jim. Dave

·
Registered
579 Posts
Capt. Dave,
Looking forward to hearing Capt. Jim. He may be fishing mostly in Md. waters, but how about asking him to give us a few tips on locations for us Southern NN anglers for striper fishing.
Tom

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim fishes the Bay from about Point No Point down to the Cell and in the Potomac up to St. Georges Island and the Rappahannock up to the Rt. 3 bridge depending on where the fish are. His focus will be on how and where to catch Rockfish and Croaker at the time of our Rock-A-Thon Tournament. It should be an informative talk. Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts