Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Northern Neck Anglers Club's Fall Striper Challenge Tournament is this comming weekend. The target species are Rockfish and Bluefish. There is also a 'Bounty' for the best Trout.

The weather for this weekend doesn't look good. Keep an eye on it. If a Small Craft Advisory of higher weather warning is issued for either Sat. or Sun. to be in effect from sunrise to 12noon that day will be cancelled. Anglers must keep informed about the weather conditions in order to remain safe.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Tuesday NWS Weekend Wind Forecast

Looks like Sunday is the day to plan for fishing!

Lets hope the weathermen are wrong....

-makoman

ANZ534-150215-
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM DRUM POINT TO SMITH POINT-
1043 AM EDT TUE OCT 14 2008

SAT
N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. WAVES 3 TO 5 FT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANZ630-631-150015-
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM SMITH POINT TO WINDMILL POINT VA-
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM WINDMILL POINT TO NEW POINT COMFORT VA-
100 PM EDT TUE OCT 14 2008

SAT
N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KT. WAVES 2 TO
3 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANZ630-631-150015-
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM SMITH POINT TO WINDMILL POINT VA-
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM WINDMILL POINT TO NEW POINT COMFORT VA-
100 PM EDT TUE OCT 14 2008

SAT
N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KT. WAVES 2 TO
3 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The forecast at this time calls for a Small Craft Advisory from Friday through Sunday. If this continues the tournament will be cancelled and rescheduled for the following weekend. Dave

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As of this morning the continued SCA forecst through Sunday afternoon has confirmed that the Striper Challange Tournament is cancelled for this weekend and is rescheduled for next weekend. Dave

·
Registered
302 Posts
Another Blowout

Dave,

It looks like the rescheduled tournament this weekend 10/25 - 10/26 will be another blowout! The rockfish sure are getting off easy so far!

-makoman

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
397 Posts
Maybe it will keep blowing 'till I get back.:wacko: Let's hope not.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fishboy, confirmed means that the National Weather Service has officially issued a Small Craft Advisory for one or more of the Clubs fishing areas to be in effect between sunrise and 12 noon on a tournament day.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I am bow hunting also on Sat. Sat night I am heading to VA Beach to fish Sunday and Monday

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As of this Saturday morning the NNAC Fall Striper Challenge Tournament is cancelled for Saturday ONLY. At this time Sunday appears to be fishable and will be a valid tournament day unless the National Weather Service changes its forecast for Sunday. Keep an eye on the forecast and go out and get 'em if the weather is OK. Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts