Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Target Ship tournament is this comming Sat. & Sun. Fish for rocks and blues on Sat. and flounder and croakers on Sun. At the NNAC members meeting last night we had an excellent talk by Capts. Joe and Joey Shelton. They covered the rocks and blues fishing by trolling and chumming in a depth that you seldom hear.
Their talk was so interesting we didn't even get into flounder and croaker fishing to any extent.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Capt. Dave,
Really enjoyed the talk given by Capt. Joe and his son Joe Jr. I would mention the big secret bait, but I figure that was reserved for the member that attended the meeting. Maybe after catching the big-one on Saturday and winning the prize money I will share the info. We might have to take a vote on it.
Bubba[angel][angel]

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As of now the weather forecast for the Shoot Out is good. No winds over 15K or waves over 2 feet. Sunday looks even quieter than Saturday. Remember it is rocks and blues on Sat. so to keep any rocks you need to go into Maryland or the Potomac (keep your eyes on Mushy and Lizzard as they know where to go). On Sun. we will be going after flounder and croakers. I suggest you go south toward the Cell for them if you don't have a special flounder hole of your own around the Neck (don't look for Aces Up down there as I'll be on another boat).

If you leave from Locklies on Sun. and catch a 1st place winner you will get a free season ramp pass and a free Boat S.S. membership.
If you get the first weighed in citation fish for the tournament you will get a $50 meals certificate from Lancaster Landings Restaurant.

The sponsor for Sat. 1st place winners is Surfside Bait and Tackle in Mechanicsville. Sun. 1st. place sponsor is Chesapeake Yacht Sales in
Deltaville. Second place both days get a $50 tackle selection from Deans Custom Tackle.

We appreciate our sponsors' continued support of our tournaments.

Good luck to all (but hopefully not as good as mine)!
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts